Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[MAC OS X] White/Blank screens

[MAC OS X] White/Blank screens

Hi,

I use now 0.9.4.185.g7545a404 on MAC OS X Maverick. The same problem was in preious system versions and SPotify versions.

When I start up Spotify I see only sidebars. Main screen is white. Then it has color, then after few minutes music info shows. When I search an artist, list of his music is shown. When I click the artist name, again, white screen. Processor use is OK, no more that 1%. Memory too, sth about 30-40MB.

Screen attached.

Any idea what's going on? Clean resintall doesn't solve the problem. My internet connection is OK, sth bout 20MB

Thanks

Thomas

Zrzut ekranu 2013-10-24 o 13.01.29.png
15 Replies

Are you connecting via a proxy or anything? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

No I don't. Normal connection to router (local network) and then standard connection to Internet.

Seems to be a problem with the web views. You could try to delete the app data. Close Spotify completely first (Command + Q)

Then delete the contents in:

/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client

SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

Done, but didn't help

Does the web player work as expected? Does it work on other computers on your network?

SpotCommander - The most elegant, intuitive, feature-rich & universal remote control for Spotify, exclusive for Linux users!

Web player works great both on Safari and Firefox. On WIndows app works great, on Android and iOS too. Only app in MAC OS X has problems.

Weird. Which Mac model are you using?

Mac Mini from I guess 2010. The problem appeard few updates ago, Spotify updates. Previously it worked fine.

Tom

Did the problem start when they started using Chromium-powered web views (the "white pages") in v 0.8.8?

I don't know what that is. Maybe. Do you have some previous version I can download and install to check this?

First, try to run Spotify from the command line using this command (on 1 line):

/Applications/Spotify.app/Contents/MacOS/Spotify --disable-accelerated-layers --disable-accelerated-fixed-root-background

If it still doesn't work, look for errors in the command line output.

The same, bugs attached.

Zrzut ekranu 2013-10-24 o 19.01.51.png

Those error messages are normal. I'm not sure what's causing your problem...

As a temporary solution, you can downgrade to 0.8.5:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Revert-back-to-Spotify-0-8-5-on-Mac/td-p/...

Yes, this works much faster, but it's just a temporary solution, as you wrote.

Suggested posts