Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[MAC] Slow-like pitch/tempo, as if music tuned 1 step down

Solved!

[MAC] Slow-like pitch/tempo, as if music tuned 1 step down

I feel like the songs are playing in a slower tempo and lower pitch.

The problem is very likely to be on the downloadable app, since i've just tried the web player and it worked perfect.

The same song sounds perfect on my iTunes and the web player, but on the downloadable app sounds like someone slowed it down and lowered the pitch.

Macbook pro13'' 2012 osx 10.8.4 if you need to know

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Windows user here with the same problem. Reinstalling the whole App did not help. Neither any of (advanced) settings.

Solution:

Change audio playback device to something else and back (win settings). Then everything is fine again.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Can you try disabling all of the advanced options such as gapless playback and high quality streaming in Spotify > Preferences > Playback and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

well it worked when i disabled all that stuff, but... i mean, i do want high quality streaming and i do want gapless playback, so what now

Re-enable the options one at a time starting with the quality setting until the issue returns and let us know what causes the issue to return please.

I was having the same problem on my phone (moto). I read your suggestions and I found that the "normalize volume" was the issue.

Up-date. It only lasted a couple days. Now it's worse. And I don't have anything on.

I am having a simlar issue. All songs are playing slowed, like im playing a 45 record on 33 setting. iphone app and PC app. infuriating. I have turned off all playback settings. no difference

well that doesnt solve the problem. I believe the problem lies in the original recordings. It would be great to have a +5 -5 adjustment to pitch. that way we could use what we needed to correct pitch.

I've got this problem too. What's the suggestion Spotify?

the problem still exists...

album of Ed Sheeran sounds correct except nancy mulligan.tempo slower and voice lower. same track on iphone app sounds correct.

please find a solution..

Thanks!

i still have the problem as well. It is a communication problem between my
phone and the speaker. I use another device and I have no problems anymore.

Unistalling Spotify completly and reinstalling the newest version from the website fixed the problem for me.. Everything sounds fine again (for now?)

Yep, I also have this Problem on the latest Macbook Air 😞
Got it with the new "Kraftklub - Keine Nacht für Niemand" Album.
Tried to reinstall it a few times, disabled every function mentioned here and still no fix.

I'm actually getting the same problem with YouTube, as well as Spotify, so this is fundamentally a Mac problem unfortunately.

I can play a YouTube or Spotify song on my phone and it plays the correct speed (I know it's correct, because it's my own band!), but on my Mac Pro (2012) it's playing a fair amount slower.  

Doesn't make sense.  Please help, as I use this machine for studio recording and this issue makes me nervous!

Marked as solution

Windows user here with the same problem. Reinstalling the whole App did not help. Neither any of (advanced) settings.

Solution:

Change audio playback device to something else and back (win settings). Then everything is fine again.

Suggested posts