Plan

Premium

Country-UK

Device

(macbook pro)

Operating System

(macOS)

My Question or Issue

I have paid for a premium account, and I have held this account for many years now (...im not sure if the above bit is relevant to my dilemma). 

I have many songs which I have saved over the years that I have had my spotify account... THEY HAVE SUDDENLY DISAPPEARED! Now when I open up spotify on my macbook and try to open my songs list, it says ''Your favourite songs will appear here. Go to your Browse....'' 

IF I open up spotify on my phone, or on another computer/laptop, it works fine. This leads me to believe that there may be something wrong with the mac version of spotify? 

SOMEONE please help me relove this problem! 

1 Reply

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps below:

1. Click Spotify in the menu bar then Quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder then click Go > Library in the menu bar. (You may need to hold the Alt key if Library isn’t visible).
  3. Open Caches and delete the com.spotify.Client folder.
  4. Click the back arrow.
  5. Open Application Support and delete the Spotify folder.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

Try to sign out and back in to see if that helps. If it won't work try to install Spotify on a new user account on your Mac to see it that makes any difference 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

Suggested posts