Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac App Loads and Logs In but Won't Play....

Mac App Loads and Logs In but Won't Play....

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

MacBookPro mid-2019

Operating System

OS 10.14.5

Spotify Version

1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f

I've been using Spotify for years on my mac laptop, even though today, and then for some reason today it got super wonky and I haven't been able to find a solution.

First -- it told me that it was offline, when I was clearly connected to the internet just fine, and in the same way I always have been.

Then, after thinking for a while, it seems to find the internet, logs me in, and appears to function normally, shows my playlists and lets me load browsing playlists from wherever, and shows album art --  but it will not play music.  I tried clicking on random music and the same result -- I get the album art but no music.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 9.40.21 PM.png

All looks normal, right?  Except when I hit play nothing happens.

I've tried clean resinstalls, deleting both caches, changing the DNS settings, even changing network routers completely, disabling and reenabling Hardware Acceleration, switching Proxy to HTTP, and everything else suggested in the forums, and I get nothing.

Even more frustrating, it works just fine on my phone connected to the same router.

Help!!   It's my musical portal to the world!

thanks!

**Update - now music will play, but album art won't load. What is going on here??

5 Replies

Hey @jmlfilm ! 🙂 
I completely understand how frustrating it is when something doesn't work the way it should. And music is always one of the highest priorities! 🙂
I noticed in your screenshot it showed that it was downloading quite a few songs and am wondering if what you are seeing right now could be some lag at getting it back to full capacity. From my own experience of doing a full wipe like you described, I know it took a little bit of time for it to sync back up for me on desktop (a couple hours possibly - I lost track :). If the issue hasn't cleared up soon and a good amount of time has passed, feel free to reply and I can see if there are some other solutions you can try. 

Best of luck! 🙂

Thanks for the quick reply @!

Good idea!

All the music is downloaded now and it's still load loading album art.

It IS, though, still playing music, which is encouraging!

But there's still pretty clearly something not working correctly...

Any thoughts would be most welcome!  Thanks!

Hi again @jmlfilm ! 🙂
You bet! I'll check and see if there's anything else you can try out. Keep me posted if anything changes. 🙂

Thanks!!

Hey @jmlfilm,

Could you try the steps from this Spotify Answer to see if that helps?

Also, make sure to install macOS Mojave 10.14.6 which Apple released recently.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts