Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac App doesn't play songs anymore - infinity loading

Mac App doesn't play songs anymore - infinity loading

Since a few weeks I am struggling with the Spotify App for macOS. Everything started with once the song downloads had been done the symbol in the navigation bar showed still up as a circle with an arrow in it. Once I opened the playlist/folder on upper right corner of this not finished download all songs were playable (even in offline mode) but the status was indicating "downloads ongoing" although the songs have obviously been downloaded completely.

Furthermore, all songs recommended on the bottom of the palylist are able to choose but will not start to play at all. 

Yesterday, I decided to delte all song downloads and the app as well and installed it again. As a result of this I am not able to play any song anymore in online mode. I tried to erase the cache in the Library folder bust this folder doesn't exist.

What do you recommend to do to fix that problem?

By the way, on all my other devices iOS, Android, Windows it is still working very well and without any problem.

Greetings TNa1

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Macbook Pro 2015

Operating System

macOS 10.14.4

Application Version

the newest you can download 

My Question or Issue

8 Replies

I'm having multiple issues on my mac as well. Songs wouldn't sync from my phone and now songs flat out refuse to play :/. 

Hi, sx5

did you try:

#1 relogin | check if is working again

#2 delte all cache data under library -> resatar your mac | check if it is working again

#3 delete the app -> reinstall the app | check if it is working again

I made step #1 and #3 but it still doesn't work.

I really have the hope somebody of the Spotify-Team will come up with a solution.

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Could you also try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi Loxer,

thank's a lot for helping.

I've followed your instruction and removed my Macbook also from the offline list. 

I've installed the app again and was able to play the songs, great so far! Download still doesn't work and since it is connected again with Spotify Connect I am not able to play the recommended songs anymore, before I was.

Below please find the software versions I am using.

Do you have another idea what to do to get rid of that problem?

Thank's!

TNa1

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-18 um 21.07.54.png
Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-18 um 21.08.16.png

Hey @TNa1,

That's great to hear!

Could you check this Spotify Answer?

Also could you try without Spotify Connect to see if the Recommended songs at the end of the playlist do play?

Let me know how that goes 🙂

@Loxer You are a genius...the hosts file change was the key...thank's a million!

Really happy that it worked out for you!

If you need help with anything else I'll be right here 🙂

Have a great weekend!

Hello,

yep I've pretty much tried everything to no avail 😕

Suggested posts