Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac Audio Buttons are skipping/pausing on wrong account Duo

Mac Audio Buttons are skipping/pausing on wrong account Duo

Plan - Duo

United Kingdom

Mac - BigSur

With working from home a lot more, me and my partner choose the duo plan as it's a lot cheaper and love the duo mix we get especially for the office and car journeys.

The only problem is, if we are both listening to music with headphones in at the same time and on our individual accounts, the mac audio buttons often skip/pause on the wrong account. Obviously this is really frustrating and can be extremely inconvenient especially if one of us needs to pause the music for a work call etc.

We are both on Mac running bigSur 11.4. We are both on the same wifi network.

My Mac: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports)

Partners Mac: iMac 2020

I've not ran into the problem with our phones or when we are on different networks I believe.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Jake

1 Reply

Hey @Scaalees,

Thank you for posting this on the Community. 

It's very odd your computers are mixing up the accounts. To start, let us know if you've already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on both computers. This one is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any file that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't work, please let us know if this also happens when you use the music controls directly from the Spotify app (pause, skip song, etc), or only with the Mac's controls. 

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts