Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac (Catalina) App "Edit Details" and Album Pencil Icon Missing

Mac (Catalina) App "Edit Details" and Album Pencil Icon Missing

Mac (Catalina) Desktop

The recent update has caused the "Edit Details" and the album pencil icon to go missing. I can no longer add/update details to old or newly created playlists. Also, I've deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times, including removing all Spotify folders from the Library folder.

Thanks

2 Replies

Hey @Rangerca,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Even if you already tried reinstalling the app, it'd be great for you to check this Spotify Answer and perform a clean reinstall with your Mac device. Deleting any remaining traces of your current Spotify setup and then installing the app from scratch might likely do the trick in this case. 

If you still experience this as part of the latest updates, there's a Community Idea suggesting the option to allow switching between the previous and the current look of your Desktop app. You can take a look at it here if you'd like to know more. Make sure to add your +VOTE as well as subscribe to stay up-to-date with all the related developments.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and be here if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Mario,

Thanks for the reply. I have already appropriately uninstalled and removed all traces of the program in an attempt to remedy this issue. However, after finding the hundreds of other complaints about this downgrade, it looks as though the changes were intentional. I'm saddened that the company has taken this route. At the very least, the lack of accurate information and honesty from Spotify is really concerning. I get that things happen, but communication is the cornerstone of trust.

Mysteriously removing paid-for functions and then ignoring the outcry seems like a failure on the part of Spotify management and public relations. People are very forgiving when companies admit honest failures, but not silence. Having to sign a "petition" to get Spotify to give us back the features that we signed up and paid for is very damaging to company/client relations, especially since I really can't find history of any such community suggestion working.

Suggested posts