Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac Desktop App won't sign in

Mac Desktop App won't sign in

I have had a lot of trouble coming back to Spotify after leaving Apple music. Firstly, I couldn't, and still can't access the Spotify Home page, it hangs or brings up a 404 Error. The web player I've got working after a lot of mucking around and searching for solutions, just so I can get my Premium account back. I eventually was able to do so by using my phone internet, not my home internet, and got my account up and running. Web player works fine, phone app works fine, connected to Sonos okay, but I still can't access the Mac desktop app. It downloads and installs, but when I go to sign in, it just hangs and goes nowhere. I've even tried to sign in with Facebook but it just drops straight back to the log in page. I'm getting confused with the whole "Facebook code" which I had to use to sign in to my phone app and Sonos, do I have to use a code with the Mac desktop app? It has just become a confusing mess that is frustrating and it shouldn't be this hard. PLEASE HELP me get this sorted.

1 Reply

Hey @markoid63, welcome to the Spotify Communtiy!

Keep in mind that the Log in with Facebook option will only work if your Premium account is linked to your FB profile, or was created with it.

If your account was created with an email address, you should be able to access by using that email or username you used. In this case, can you access with your account here? In there, you'll see your account information.

• If the username in there looks like something you'd have used to create your account, make sure to use that username and your password to log in from your Mac.

• If the username in there are some random characters, make sure to use the email address of your account along with the password to access on your Mac.

If the issue continues, send us a screenshot of the error so we can take a better look.

Keep us posted.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts