Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac Desktop player Volume control and "Devices Available" issues.

Mac Desktop player Volume control and "Devices Available" issues.

Country USA

Operating System

(iOS 10.13.4)

My Question or Issue

I have a brand new imac set up with the latest os and Spotify desktop player installed.  The rewind / play / forward control buttons on my apple keyboard is not working.    

When I click on the "Devices Available" button on the bottom right, none of my five devices show up.    I have two google home speakers always connected but the desktop player does not see it.     

In the image attached, my PS4 always shows up.

The comcast "Office" speaker is next to my PS4. 

I want to control from my desktop player first and be able to choose which speaker I want it chromcast it to.

I can start spotify music from google home speakers, the playing device shows up on the desktop player immediately when the music starts playing.

I did not have these issues a few months ago. My desktop player was working in proper order.

Any solution?

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 2.49.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 2.50.27 PM.png
3 Replies

I had the same issue once, too. Please check if you have iTunes running in the background. Play / Pause / Rewind will be disabled for Spotify then. If you have it running in the background, just close iTunes and it should work for Spotify. 

Let me know if this helped you. 

Best,

Philipp

iTunes is turned off and I restarted the computer to test. Keyboard keys not working.

Thank you, It worked 

Suggested posts