[Mac] No album artwork?

Highlighted

[Mac] No album artwork?

wenwrites
Casual Listener

I'm currently using Premium on a late 2013 Macbook Pro, and for quite a while now, the desktop version of Spotify doesn't show any album artwork except for the Now Playing artwork in the bottom left [screenshot attached].

I've tried logging out and back in, clearing the cache, unchecking/checking Hardware Acceleration, and uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling, and so far nothing has worked. 

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 6.20.25 PM.png
4 Replies

Re: [Mac] No album artwork?

CSparks
Casual Listener

Wren - I'm seeing the same. It's been going on for days now. Not sure what the correct fix is. I've tried everything. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 4.02.14 PM.png

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend updating to macOS Mojave 10.14 and try it with another account or internet connection :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

wenwrites
Casual Listener

Finally got things working, thanks! I had deleted the com.Spotify.client folder but not the Spotify folder under Application Support one level above as per the uninstall instructions.

CSparks
Casual Listener

Still not working for me. 

I've tested across multiple friend's Spotify accounts. 

They're seeing the same issue. 

Any ideas? 

SUGGESTED POSTS