Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

(Mac OS 10.6.8) Spotify continually crashing

(Mac OS 10.6.8) Spotify continually crashing

I have been using Spotify for months. I love it. It is my BFF. Today (10/3/13)  I did the update as prompted and now when using Spotify, it will crash unexpectedly. I have uninstalled two times, deleted all files associated. After reinstalling, it still crashes. I have been reading a lot of threads about this issue, and despite trying the proposed solutions. I get no error message, nothing, it just closes. Boom. No music 😞 Why is this happening?!?!?! Someone please, please help me. 

10 Replies

Would you be able to try opening Spotify from a console window and see if any errors are being logged there? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have opened Spotify from console window and there are no error messages at all. So far, I have been listening to a song on Spotify for like 3 minutes, and it has not crashed. I will keep using it until it crashes (hopefully it will not) and then check the conole window to see if there are any messages. Will respond with updates as needed. Thank you, Peter

Ok, as soon as I posted the above message, the song ended, a Nordstrom ad started playing and then Spotofy crashed. Nothing in console log. This is so frustrating 😕

I am having this exact same issue and there is no pattern to what is causing the crashes.  Sometimes it will play for 30 min + and then crash. Sometimes it will only play for 5 min and crash. I have a feeling that this new version of the Spotify software has a few bugs that need to be corrected with another update.

Any answer as to why this is happening would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Having the same problem - spotify crashes when song is played.  Tried deleting all files and reinstalling updated version of spotify, but still crashing.  Were you able to resolve this problem?  If so how?

No, it's still happening to me. I am wondering if it is because I have an older OS (10.6.8). I am going to update to the latest version tonight and see if helps the issue. 

Happeing here too.  Just started today.  It usually crashed in between songs.

version 0.9.4.178.g259772ba

My only sollution was to uninstal the latest version and to install the version 1 before the lastest one (0.9.4.169). The only issue is that if you quit Spotify and then open it again later, it auto upgrades to the latest version.  So leaving your computer on and the program open is best to avoid having to deinstall the newest version and reinstall version 0.9.4.169 every time you open the program.

Hopefully Spotify will just find a fix for this issue soon.

Same problem here. Plays for a few songs then crashes. I even tried opening it and not playing anything - in a few minutes it crashed and went away. 

Upgrading your OS might not help... I'm using 10.8.5 and having the exact same problem.  Just crashes totally randomly - during ads, during songs, after 5 mins, after 35 mins, no error messages.  

I hope there is a fix soon!!! 

This makes me not want to upgrade 😞

Suggested posts