Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Spotify Won't Recognize Artist From Local File

[Mac] Spotify Won't Recognize Artist From Local File

Plan - Free

Country - US

Device - MacBook Pro w/ Touch Bar (2018), Windows 10 PC

Operating System - MacOS Catalina, Windows 10

I am having an issue where I'm trying to sync up my local music files from my Windows PC to my Mac. I was able to transfer my mp3 files from my PC to my Mac with the artist name attached to the mp3 file. However, when I try to load that file into Spotify, the song only shows the name and the artist is shown as blank. The main problem stems from the fact that the artist names is too long. I've tried shortening the artists' name through iTunes and the name showed eventually. This wasn't an issue on my Windows PC because on Windows, there wasn't a "character limit" on how long an artist's name could be. This is a problem because it means that my playlist is not fully synced with my two devices, and I cannot play the song through my playlist from my Mac because it does not detect the same file as it did for my PC. Is there a way to somehow bypass this artist "character limit" so that my Mac can fully detect the artists' names and sync with my PC?

1 Reply

Hey there @zenmaster0025,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Unfortunately there is no way to bypass the character limit.

What you can try is playing around with the metadata of the music files, or try uploading them in a different format.

Supported formats are:

• .mp3.
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts