Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Spotify does not show content, does not play any tracks as if it was offline

Solved!

[Mac] Spotify does not show content, does not play any tracks as if it was offline

With two different Macs I have the same issue with the latest versions of Spotify.

Spotify lets me log in, shows  me the home page but no content is loaded, my playlist are empty and if I try to play a song doesn't load anything.

All is working if I install an old version of the application (a version before the "home menu" was added)

One mac with Catalina and one Mac with El Capitan.

Premium account, registered with Facebook.

2.png
Senza nome.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @11122896896,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'd recommend checking your hosts files with the steps here.

Lastly, could you try opening the web player to see if everything works well there.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @11122896896,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try a clean reinstall to clear any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, we'd recommend checking your hosts files with the steps here.

Lastly, could you try opening the web player to see if everything works well there.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

ElenaModerator

Thank you very much!
I fixed it by modifying the hosts file, I don't know why open.spotify.com and another service were blocked by the system in two different computers. In fact I have never been able to connect to the Spotify web player...

Great to hear that you were able to solve this @11122896896!

This could be due to some security measures in your network restrictions.

Hope things work as expected in the future!

Have a great day 😊

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts