Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac] Wrong song displayed on main screen

[Mac] Wrong song displayed on main screen

Hey everyone, my issue is as follows:

I'm now playing a brand new album added in the last few days and on the main screen the highlighted song is worng - it shows a random other song from the album. Not sure if it is related to the fact I was playing the same thing on my phone before I sat down at my Mac. Here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 09.30.28.png

Just to clarify, the song that's in the lower left corner is the actual song playing right now. I've tried restarting Spotify but it did not fix the issue. Have not tested yet with a different album - will do so after I finish this one - I want to hear it all before I start testing stuff out 🙂

Update: Issue happens when playing with the Shuffle option on - regular playing doesn't have the issue. Also seems to be related to the fact I was playing with the Shuffle option on my Mobile(Android) before switching to the Mac. Maybe a weird sync issue between the different Shiffle mechanisms?

3 Replies

This is also happening to me! I just try to refresh and it fixes, so I htink it is a sync issue

I think this will work for the web-app but I dont know if its possible to "refresh" using the client side installed application.

I'm glad you raised this issue as its been like this for quite a while - at least over a year. I dont know any way around it.

Suggested posts