country Sweden

device Mac mini

os x 10.11

suddenly has stopped making any sound/output,

except one quite random album

has cleared cache and reinstalled app

sorry but this app is so poor, not the first time this happens

4 Replies

When clicking to view some album, the entire app turns black and needs to be restated.

but more albums can be played now, at least that’s positive,

but every time I click on song or album I don’t know if it will work…

Hey there @Bubbert

Thank for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

We're sorry to know you've been having issues with the desktop app. We're here to help.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you check your firewall and make sure Spotify is set as an exception. Additionally, disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use.

On another note, would you mind checking if the web player works as expected?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Did most of “clean install” (gets more complicated every year).

Web player does not work in Safari browser (at least not on OS 10.11) and I have no other browser installed.

now the app works ok again… no idea why. 

Hey @Bubbert,

Thanks for your reply.

We really appreciate you keeping us in the loop. Even though this was an odd behavior, we’re happy to know you could sort it out. Keep in mind that the app is compatible with OS X 10.13 or above, so it's possible you experience some inconveniences with the app. You can read more about the compatible OS in this article

Since you mentioned you noticed the app is not working as expected in the Safari browser, we'd recommend checking if the browser has some pending updates. Keep in mind that Spotify is compatible with Safari 12.1 or above. If you're running a version below, that might be the reason why the app is not responding as expected. You can read more about compatible browsers here.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts