Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac desktop issues with v1.0.2.6.g9977a14b

Mac desktop issues with v1.0.2.6.g9977a14b

Typically don't post gripings about these cra'y releases... but with the latest mac desktop release:

1. Date Added column in all playlists are gone - - this is a necessity!

(unless someone has a workaround or I neglected release notes that say 'here's how you add back to default')

2. Search function not working

3. Alpha skip when sorting asc/dec (like, pressing F - - takes you the the Fs - - as in why the F is this feature gone?)

4. Can't resize columns, or anything actually

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I got so far.

Thoughts, community and spotify support folks?

🙂

JP

4 Replies

1: Date added is still there. Have you tried closing the right side friend feed? Also make sure the window is maximixed.

Improvements will be coming in a future update, read this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Always-show-time-added-column/idi-p/1048792

2: The ability to search a playlist will be coming back in a future update. (currently no ETA)

3: This is currently not supported, but it may be coming back. (not confirmed right now)

4: You can now zoom in/out from the view option in the title bar.

If you want it back, add a kudo to this idea:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-back-column-width-adjustment-Desktop/idi-p/1040428

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sigh. None of these below are acceptable for the following "JP" commentary reasons. Coming up on 3 years of a premium customer... and can't believe basic functions are not only not there - - but actually removed from once being there. That makes zero senses.

Take away the lyrics (karaoke, actually) and put yo' developers on something better, yo.

1: Date added is still there. Have you tried closing the right side friend feed? Also make sure the window is maximixed.

JP: the window IS maximized. I have to squeeze the left panel all the way small in order to expose - - I cannot do any re-adjusting of the right side or the column sizes as I once was able to do.

Improvements will be coming in a future update, read this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Always-show-time-added-column/idi-p/1048792

2: The ability to search a playlist will be coming back in a future update. (currently no ETA)

JP: Unacceptable. Search gone? Coming back, maybe, in future? What the what?

3: This is currently not supported, but it may be coming back. (not confirmed right now)

JP: Scrolling down to the middle of the alphabet without being able to hit "F" in a playlist of 1000+ songs is unacceptable - esp. because I've been doing this UI meanuveur for quite some time.

4: You can now zoom in/out from the view option in the title bar.

JP: Yay, now everything is super duper tiny to get to the view I prefer. 

Is there a Limit to local library size in new release? Besides from being really slow, my entire library won't load.  My library about 70,000 songs.  with new release I get about one third of library opens.  2 weeks now like this.  I uninstalled and reinstalled on both my macs

@lagerello 

There is currently an issue where if you have more than 20,000 local files, they will not load.

The developers are aware of this and are looking into it, but there is no ETA for a fix.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts