Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac desktop "all albums" not showing (only recommended) but they do show on mobile.

Mac desktop "all albums" not showing (only recommended) but they do show on mobile.

Hi there, I am a iMac user from Brazil and my spotify started to present some problems. Since last year the albums would take forever to load and last week it would not show them at all - only the recommended ones which is barely 20% of them all. I opened the app on my iphone 6 (old - yes) and everything was fine. Same for webversion. And yes, I deleted the programm and installed it again. No difference.

I am currently using the Spotify Premium Duo (two months now) but I guess it shouldn't present any difference in navigation from the normal one, right?

I work on a iMac 27 inch late 2013 24GB and 1GB NVIDIA running catalina 10.15.5

Any ideas would help me a lot. Thanks

Dacaba

9 Replies

I have the same issue. All of my albums have disappeared on my Mac and my iPhone, all I have is recommended albums which I have no interest in. Seriously thinking of leaving Spotify as basically it's like someone has stolen my entire music collection. And the last update (removing artists) was possibly the worst update ive ever encountered

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y. I really don't understand these changes. They are utter nonsense to me. We pay for a service that's auto piloting and it's completely different from what we purchased in the first place.

I am having the same issue on my iMac, when I go to the albums view and sort them by artist I only get 2 albums out of the hundreds I have saved and the recommended ones. But if I move the sorting to "recently added" the albums seem to be all there. I do not have this issue on my android phone.

I see we are all replying to this message with no help whatsoever from a Spotify representative. My library of possibly 200 albums has disappeared from my desktop, and there is no help. Just a forum such as this one to air our unanswered grievances.

I uninstalled from both devices and then reinstalled. The phone now has all my albums and the desktop has them in recommended but in a random order so it makes finding something pointlessly difficult.

If its on a desktop try filtering to recommended or uninstall and reinstall. I agree that the lack of help from Spotify is pretty lame.

Hi Baronvoncaravan (great name),

Completely uninstalling the app on my MBP and then installing the most current version of the app seems to have done the trick.

Pleased you got it sorted.

Yup, same problem here, even after updating to the latest version of the Mac program.

Suggested posts