Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac + iPhone + Base QCII] Can't hear anything from iPhone, when Spotify is opened on slept Mac

[Mac + iPhone + Base QCII] Can't hear anything from iPhone, when Spotify is opened on slept Mac

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 8, MacBook, Bose QCII

Operating System

iOS, OS X

My Question or Issue

I have Bose QC attached via Bluetooth to iPhone 8 & MacBook.

When I listen to Spotify on MacBook and close case, I can't listen to anything on iPhone (not even Spotify). Issue persists when I turn bluetooth on / off. To fix it I have to open Bose application and manually disconnect Mac from device lists (not very convenient as will connect again when I turn Bose headphones).

This issue is not present when I have closed or I close Spotify application on Mac.

1 Reply

It sounds like you headphones keep the Macbook connection up. Try this with your headphones (taken from Bose's user manual):

1. Slide the Power/Bluetooth switch to the right and release to hear which device is connected.
2. Within two seconds, slide to the right and release again to connect to the next device in the headphone pairing list. Repeat until you hear the correct device name.
3. Play audio on the connected mobile device.

Link to manual: https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/global/products/headphones/qc3...

Suggested posts