Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac import iTunes playlists go empty

Mac import iTunes playlists go empty

Hi, I'm using the desktop app on a Mac (10.9.1) and am having problems importing my iTunes playlists. The lists themselves are recognised and the tracks are listed under "local files" but the playlists themselves are empty. When I try to delete the playlists it takes ages since they need to be done once at a time and deleting a folder just moves its playlists up one level... <br><br>Any help is gratefully appreciated!<br><br>Thanks, <br>Dave

Posted using the Spotify Community app by Liam
8 Replies

Strange, do the playlists have tracks in them inside iTunes?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I'm trying to import all of my playlists and they're all populated in iTunes.

The iTunes library is on a NAS box but it's got its own mountpoint and since Spotify has no problems locating the tracks themselves it's odd that they don't pull in properly.

Is there any further diagnostic information I can get hold of from importing?

One of the biggest things I want this for is to sync some of those tracks to my mobile - which requires them to be in a playlist. It seems like a very slow task to locate them within Spotify and add them to the relevant lists so is there any other option available?

Thanks for the help!

-Dave

Might be worth grabbing (and then pastebinning) the console output from the client to see if its throwing any errors on startup?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, output attached for startup, then shutdown. Nothing jumps out at me on scanning but then I don't know what I'm looking for...

Thanks,

-Dave

I have the exact same issue. I have an iTunes library of over 30 000 track and have them organized in playlists and playlist folder. In an effort to replicate this structure on an Android phone I have tried to import all the playlists into Spotify. But all the playlists that are imported are empty when using my Mac. My music files are located on an external drive but should't be an issue since they appear on the local files list. 

Incidently I did the exact same procedure (ticked iTunes in preferences, added the folder where the files are located and then import the playlists from itunes) on my Windows PC too and it worked fine there. My music library there is a bit dated since I moved it to my Mac, but all the playlists were populated with it's tracks from iTunes. 

So it seems like there is a bug in the Mac desktop version of Spotify.

Hope this helps,

Aleksander

2 and a half years later, still not fixed.

The Spotify way im afraid....

Still importing empty playlists...still paying money for a service that doesn't do what it says! Wheeee!

This is one of the reasons why I have stopped my membership. Another thing that I have noticed is that my ALAC files won't play in Spotify on my telephone after I have uploaded them via the Windows client. 

Suggested posts