Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

MacBook Air 2019

Operating System

macOS Catalina Version 10.15.3

My Question or Issue

I don't exactly know how to describe it, but I'll add a picture as a further explanation. The problem is that Spotify keeps showing me the computer codes, like 'navbar.search' and 'context-menu.add-to-playlist'. The 'buttons' still work but those codes are not supposed to be there. I've already tried deleting and redownloading the app on my laptop but that didn't work. It also doesn't need an update or something, so it probably isn't a 'bug' that was already fixed.
I hope you can help me with this problem. Of course it's not something that's super bad or whatever, but it's just a bit annoying and harder to quickly read what the link-options mean and where they will take me, so to speak. 

I hope you understand what I mean, but if not, please check the attachement.

Thank you.

Update: 

I've had contact with the Spotify customer service and they have told me this, which worked for me:

(It's deleting and installing in a different way than I did, because I just swiped Spotify to the wastebasket on my Mac)

1. Click in the menubalk on Spotify and select quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder en click on Go > Library (if library isn't visible, press Alt (Option)).
  3. Open Cashes and delete the map com.spotify.Client.
  4. Click on the arrow back.
  5. Open ApplicationSupport and delete the map Spotify.
  6. Go to www.spotify.com/download and instal Spotify again.

If that wouldn't work, they told me to install all the available OS X-updates.

But for me, it worked this way. So I thought I'd share so you – who had the same problem – could try it as well.

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-04 om 21.42.24.png
7 Replies

mine is like this too. it's not like they're gonna fix it. apparently they give out random tests to random users and it completely messes up your spotify experience. it's annoying and its a problem that they're not even willing to fix. talk about a "great" company.

I also have this issue.

Usable, but a bit annoying and distracting.

Plus, really not keen on it looking like it's broken.

That's annoying... yes. And that when we pay for this.

Have you contacted them about this already, then?

Hello,

I've had contact with the Spotify customer service and they have told me this, which worked for me:

(It's deleting and installing in a different way than I did, because I just swiped Spotify to the wastebasket on my Mac)

1. Click in the menubalk on Spotify and select quit Spotify.
  2. Open Finder en click on Go > Library (if library isn't visible, press Alt (Option)).
  3. Open Cashes and delete the map com.spotify.Client.
  4. Click on the arrow back.
  5. Open ApplicationSupport and delete the map Spotify.
  6. Go to www.spotify.com/download and instal Spotify again.

If that wouldn't work, they told me to install all the available OS X-updates.

But for me, it worked this way. So I thought I'd share so you – who had the same problem – could try it as well.

Hi, see my next Reply on the original post for the possible solution.

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate you sharing this here in the Community!

If you haven't tried it already, make sure to try reinstaling the desktop app with the steps shared by @ngroen above. 

If that doesn't do the trick for you, we'd suggest giving a full uninstall one more try, making sure to use:

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Spotify 

in your Mac's terminal before installing the app again.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if there's anything else.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

❤️ You nailed it. Posted a gigantic rant about this sort **bleep** by Spotify. I am glad some folks realise what is going on. Good days to you, comrade.

Suggested posts