NEXT STEP

MacBook Air M1 High CPU Usage

MacBook Air M1 High CPU Usage

Device

(Macbook Air M1)

Operating System

(MacOS 12.4)

My Question or Issue

Why Spotify Helper (Renderer) has huge CPU usage (from 80-120%)? When I close it and music is playing on background, everything is fine. When I opened desktop app for Mac to see what is playing the CPU usage raise to huge numbers. I tried clean install, I tried turn on/off hardware acceleration, I tried shut down Mac - multiple times, I tried turn on local files and disable settings under it. Nothing helps :(.

Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 16.21.33.png
3 Replies

Hey @, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Is this still happening?

Could you try updating to macOS Monterey 12.5? Also, check if there's any new updates for Spotify. To do that click on Menu Bar > Spotify > About Spotify

Keep me posted 🙂

Hi, I did update to 12.5 and check if there is any for Spotify. Spotify Helper (renderer) takes still the same amount of % CPU. But I found where is the problem. If I play playlist where is custom UI, for example Stranger Things Official (that dark and light instead regular time scale), then Spotify takes around 80% of CPU. If I play playlist without that custom UI, albums or song from liked list, Spotify Helper (renderer) takes from 1.5 to 4% of CPU.

Okay, this is interesting. The same problem is on my desktop PC with Windows 11, i5-11400, 16GB RAM and RTX 3060ti. There is difference about 20% if custom UI is visible in playlist.

Snímka obrazovky 2022-08-02 165652.png
Snímka obrazovky 2022-08-02 165626.png

Suggested posts