Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

MacBook Pro Volume Controls Don't Work with Spotify Running

Solved!

MacBook Pro Volume Controls Don't Work with Spotify Running

Does anybody else have this issue? Running an Early 2011 MacBook Pro with Mavericks (10.9.4), and when spotify is running the volume controls don't work. Hitting the volume buttons shows the volume icon but it has a circle with a line through it. I can't mute it either.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Weird...I'm on Mavericks as well, but on a late 2009. The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

If that doesn't do it for you, I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It happens with me frequently.

After some digging, I found out something gets funky with the Parallels Access sound driver, so when this problem occurs I just go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Output and select again the Internal Speakers sound output. If fixes it instantly, although not permanently.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Weird...I'm on Mavericks as well, but on a late 2009. The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

If that doesn't do it for you, I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Weird... I shut the computer down, let it sit for about an hour, turned it back on... now it's fine.

Marked as solution

It happens with me frequently.

After some digging, I found out something gets funky with the Parallels Access sound driver, so when this problem occurs I just go to System Preferences -> Sound -> Output and select again the Internal Speakers sound output. If fixes it instantly, although not permanently.

Thanks it's working,

Suggested posts