Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Macbook Not Connecting to Iphone

Solved!

Macbook Not Connecting to Iphone

So, once day the Spotify web player couldn't play songs anymore. Everything works fine except for playing songs. Whenever I click the play button, nothing happens. I did some research in the Spotify community and found that the most common cause for this was when your devices weren't connecting. I checked the app on my phone, but  when I pressed 'Devices Available', I got some sort of help center saying "Connect to a device, Use your mobile device as a remote control". The same happened for the Spotify web player. The app still works fine. Strangest thing is, the Recently Played section does show what I have clicked. 

I have a macbook barely a month old, and an iphone with iOS 11.4. 

I have tried other ways, including:

-Restarting

-Deleting the app

-Logging out

-Deleting my history

-Turning off Wifi(Yes, they have the same connection)

If this helps to know, then I can remember that my devices used to connect. Whenever I played on the web player, it would give me the notification on the app.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @CarmenMusic, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I checked and the latest official version for iOS is 11.4.1, also make sure macOS on your MB is 10.13.6 🙂

When did this issue start to happen? Have you tried using another network connection to see if that helps?

If possible could you please test this on other devices with your account if possible or if you have the chance to, try it with another account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @CarmenMusic, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I checked and the latest official version for iOS is 11.4.1, also make sure macOS on your MB is 10.13.6 🙂

When did this issue start to happen? Have you tried using another network connection to see if that helps?

If possible could you please test this on other devices with your account if possible or if you have the chance to, try it with another account.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Switching Wifi networks works!

Thank you!

Suggested posts