Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Magic mouse clicking problem

Solved!

Magic mouse clicking problem

Any click in the Spotify app with Magic Mouse usually does not trigger at first time or second or third sometimes, it is always changing, it is absolutely random. The buttons look like that I'm clicked them, but nothing happens. However if I'm using my trackpad, it is always works fine. Every click works, every event triggered etc. 

Im using Spotify desktop app (1.0.67.582.g19436fa3) but I have this problem since I`ve installed OSX High Sierra. It was a clean install and it is always up to date. There are no other app where experienced this problem, only in Spotify.

What can I do to make my mouse normally work in Spotify app?

Thanks,

Miklos

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the same problem and this happens when Magnet is running.

Do you have Magnet running ?

There was the same issue with Google Chrome for AGES and was finally fixed in v63: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/RTwyyAhUA88/VtsEJ-slBwAJ

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Do you have BetterTouchTool installed? If so, the issue is documented here and will be fixed in an imminent update:

https://github.com/fifafu/BetterTouchTool/issues/1652

I don't have this app. I'm istalling it, and hope it'll solve my problem.

Is this a still a problem for you? I find it is now fixed. Not sure if it was a BetterTouchTool update or a spotify update, but the problem is now resolved in my case.

I had the update, but nothing changed unfortunately. I’m going to “reinstall” the Spotify app, I hope it resolve my problem.

Just an unhelpful post to add that this is absolutely driving me up the wall too - with each OS X update or Spotify update I hope something will magically start working behind the scenes, but nothing's done the trick yet...

Actually perhaps a marginally less unhelpful post, I've just installed BetterTouchTool (having never used it before) and I've set up an app specific setting for Spotify so that the '1 Finger Tap Left' gesture triggers a 'Double Click' action, and now when I tap in Spotify it behaves as expected when I attempt to play, pause, click on an artist name and everything else. 

Might take a day or two to get used to tapping instead of clicking but I suppose that's preferable to frequently feeling so sad and furious that Apple Music seems like a reasonable option. 

Marked as solution

I have the same problem and this happens when Magnet is running.

Do you have Magnet running ?

There was the same issue with Google Chrome for AGES and was finally fixed in v63: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/chrome/RTwyyAhUA88/VtsEJ-slBwAJ

Oh my God. Yes. Yes I had Magnet running and I've closed it and now everything works. This is the greatest day of my life. 

I have the same problem when Magnet is running (OS High Sierra)

I opened a bug report about this HERE.  

Spotify is aware of that and will fix it eventualy but "Not Now".  

Feel free to give an upvote to the bug report 😉

Suggested posts