Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Matt Suda, you seem pretty helpful.. any suggestions on Spotify alternatives?

Solved!

Matt Suda, you seem pretty helpful.. any suggestions on Spotify alternatives?

Seriously though, what are some GOOD apps similar to Spotify? I'm tired of paying you guys to bug test this **bleep** for the moron in charge of updates.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just to clarify, I don't work at Spotify. I'm just a volunteer here in the community that helps out other music lovers.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

"the deacon of copy/paste solutions" - lol... he's not to blame though. he's just trying to help but i'm sure he's restricted to what he can say, esp when it comes to promoting competitive services.

There are 64+ pages of users in the same boat here, thoroughly expressing their dissatisfaction:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/The-latest-desktop-version-is-a-downgrad...

I'd highly recommend following the solution and downgrading to an older app version.  Go to Filehorse and you can choose which version you want. It has been recommended by many that 0.8.5 is the best version thus far. See both the Mac & Windows downgrade instructions on Reddit, and my suggestions here on pretty quick & simple ways the community can get Spotify to acknowledge the problem. It's pretty unlikely they will be reading thru 64+ pages of disapproving comments.

Then forget about "upgrading" for a while until the responses on the forum are positive enough that you can have faith that it will be safe and hassle-free.

For desktop apps, i only use Spotify & iTunes but i'd recommend checking out other web services such as Grooveshark, Pandora, & Songza if you havent already.  A lot of people are recommending Deezer but i don't think they're available in the US yet.

Marked as solution

" so much rage and the best you can do is copy paste the same bs in each thread "

Ha ha I couldn't have said it better myself, I really wonder from which planet this guy is  😉

Anyway, instead of waiting for features that may or may not be coming back, you can get rid of this unfinished beta piece of crap and enjoy a fully-fonctional Spotify again by reverting to the previous version and preventing it from auto-updating :
http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/wiki/1011060gc75ebdfd#wiki_reverting_to_an_older_version_.28without_...

This is just a temporary workaround while waiting for Apple Beats to be released so we can all finally move away from Spotify 🙂

8 Replies

The desktop app will be getting updates regularly that should greatly improve the new version. A lot of things will be fixed soon.

Read the statement about the new version here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Desktop-Update-Version-1-0-1/td-p/105026...

MattSudaSpotify Star

I can only hope when they call you into the next Spotify meeting you speak up for this entire forum loud and clear, maybe even threaten to quit. You have your work cut out for you being in charge of the user forums since Spotify left you as the deacon of copy/paste solutions and they are pumping out trash. You probably even know it deep down inside too .

I signed up for the forums JUST because i was tired of being **bleep** on by this company with horrible, broken updates time and time again. And since I've signed up (maybe an hour ago) SPOTIFY HAS ALREADY BROKE AGAIN WITH SOMETHING NEW!!!! WHAT THE **bleep** MAN, now I can't even drag songs from one Spotify playlist to another. It highlights the playlist name, looks like it drops in it, but when i open the recieving playlist the song isn't there... **bleeping** COME ON...  so much rage and the best you can do is copy paste the same bs in each thread. Wow, thanks.

Marked as solution

Just to clarify, I don't work at Spotify. I'm just a volunteer here in the community that helps out other music lovers.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

"the deacon of copy/paste solutions" - lol... he's not to blame though. he's just trying to help but i'm sure he's restricted to what he can say, esp when it comes to promoting competitive services.

There are 64+ pages of users in the same boat here, thoroughly expressing their dissatisfaction:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/The-latest-desktop-version-is-a-downgrad...

I'd highly recommend following the solution and downgrading to an older app version.  Go to Filehorse and you can choose which version you want. It has been recommended by many that 0.8.5 is the best version thus far. See both the Mac & Windows downgrade instructions on Reddit, and my suggestions here on pretty quick & simple ways the community can get Spotify to acknowledge the problem. It's pretty unlikely they will be reading thru 64+ pages of disapproving comments.

Then forget about "upgrading" for a while until the responses on the forum are positive enough that you can have faith that it will be safe and hassle-free.

For desktop apps, i only use Spotify & iTunes but i'd recommend checking out other web services such as Grooveshark, Pandora, & Songza if you havent already.  A lot of people are recommending Deezer but i don't think they're available in the US yet.

Marked as solution

" so much rage and the best you can do is copy paste the same bs in each thread "

Ha ha I couldn't have said it better myself, I really wonder from which planet this guy is  😉

Anyway, instead of waiting for features that may or may not be coming back, you can get rid of this unfinished beta piece of crap and enjoy a fully-fonctional Spotify again by reverting to the previous version and preventing it from auto-updating :
http://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/wiki/1011060gc75ebdfd#wiki_reverting_to_an_older_version_.28without_...

This is just a temporary workaround while waiting for Apple Beats to be released so we can all finally move away from Spotify 🙂

@MattSuda wrote:

Aw man, well there goes all respect to thinking Spotify actually cared about us enough to hire someone to deal with answering posts. 

Hopefully my comments didn't come off as insulting to you in any way as I respect you trying to help out, my anger/rage/frustration is solely directed to Spotify's ongoing changing/breaking things and the people involved in making those decisions. Thanks for the help and time you spend helping!

@LosingThisUser 

Spotify does care about their users. That's why they have appointed Spotify users like me a Community Rock Star to help people in this forum. Spotify employees do regularly post in the community, but it is mainly user driven. Spotify has other channels with official support such as the contact form and @SpotifyCares on Twitter.

The new desktop app was remade from the gound up which took a massive effort. Right now features are missing and the performance could be better, but there will be updates soon to fix most of these problems. Change is hard, but the goal of the new desktop app was to change the backend to make it faster, more stable, and easier to release more updates frequently. In the past, desktop updates took a while to be released. Last week Spotify already pushed out version 1.0.2 to fix a few problems and 1.0.3 has already started to roll out to all users.

There will be more updates coming soon that should make the new version much better.

Hang in there! Spotify is well aware of the feedback and they are working to improve the new desktop app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda

You really don't get it do you ?

We don't care if "Spotify is well aware of the feedback and blah blah blah", the fact that they are making us PAY to be the beta-testers of their unfinished version is unacceptable, pure and simple.

You seem like a nice guy so I really don't understand how you keep defending them, you can try to twist and turn it any way you like they are still openly mocking us by forcing this piece of crap on us, full of missing features that "may be coming back in a future update" (yeah, I know your signature copy/paste answer to everything).

You tell us to "hang in there", can't you see that most of us do the absolute opposite, reverting to the previous version and looking for other streaming platforms because we have lost every single bit of respect for Spotify ?

Suggested posts