Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Max volume is too low on my Desktop app (Mac), but it is normal when I use the Spotify Web Player

Solved!

Max volume is too low on my Desktop app (Mac), but it is normal when I use the Spotify Web Player

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico 

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(macOS Mojave)

My Question or Issue

Maximum volume is too low on my Desktop app (Mac), but it is normal when I use the Spotify Web Player, help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend checking your audio settings.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also recommend checking your audio settings.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Thank you very much!

I had tried, restarting devices, changing all the settings, included the Advanced ones but what solved my problem was doing a quick clean reinstall.

Have a great one

Mine just had a spotify UI bug where it showed it was at max volume until I dragged the slider around and then revealed it was only 70% up. 

Spotify Desktop has "Normalize volume" setting switched on by default, try to switch it off. Hope it helps.

Hello,

I am facing the same issue the volume on my macbook app is very low but the web player is fine. I have tried reinstalling the app but is still not working. Can anyone suggest any solution it is really annoying.

Hey @Pavika,

Thanks for reply here and welcome.

We understand you've already tried reinstalling the app. Just to confirm, have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on the affected device? If you haven't, we'd suggest you follow the steps in this article to do it. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience.

On another note, we'd suggest toggling off Normalize volume on settings, to see if you notice any changes. Audio gets delivered to us at different volume levels. This feature helps balance soft and loud songs, so give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, if none of the above doesn't do the trick, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected device, along with the Spotify version you're running there? 

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts