Microsoft Teams lowers Spotify sound during calls

Solved!

Microsoft Teams lowers Spotify sound during calls

Plan: Premium

Device

Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System

Catalina 10.15.6

Recently Microsoft Teams has been lowering or suppressing Spotify volume while I am on meeting calls. I used to be able to listen to Spotify with headphones while on calls (I like music on in my background) and i'd have to put the volume in the Spotify user-interface on low but now I have to put it on as high as possible and it still sounds low -- anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Markzupp,

Welcome, and thank you for reaching out to the Community. Would you kindly try a clean reinstall on the App? If that does not work, try restarting your device(s) to use if that doesn't work log out and back in. Meanwhile, I am going to do some research on this issue.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Markzupp,

Welcome, and thank you for reaching out to the Community. Would you kindly try a clean reinstall on the App? If that does not work, try restarting your device(s) to use if that doesn't work log out and back in. Meanwhile, I am going to do some research on this issue.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Hi Joel-M,

That did it! I had re-installed Spotify before but it appears the more comprehensive "clean" reinstall was what it needed. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it, especially in these times wherein many of us are working from home and are on virtual meetings all day -- it's nice to have some Liszt on in the background at a volume that I manually set!

-Mark

Hello, I have the same issue, but the solution posted above did not work for me.

Has anyone got any suggestion?

Hi there @UltraHwang,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

If another software is affecting Spotify's behavior, then you need to get in touch with your support, as it's probably set to either adjust audio settings directly on a driver or OS level. Spotify itself just allows its volume to be lowered, but we can't set our app to have exclusive audio control as this might be the intended functionality of the other software.

We hope that this information was helpful.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts