Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Most of library is unavailable on Mac but available on Android mobile and Windows PC

Most of library is unavailable on Mac but available on Android mobile and Windows PC

Plan: Premium

Device

Mac Mini, Late 2014

Operating System

macOS High Sierra v 10.13.6

My Question or Issue

Majority of the songs (19/204) I uploaded to Spotify are greyed out on the below described machine. These songs are fully visible and playable on my PC desktop, either in Chrome or in the desktop app. They are also accessible in my Android mobile.

I work about 15 minutes from home so it's not a regional issue.

I've tried downloading the songs. Only 19 songs download.

2 Replies

Hey @TheLuvShak,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post! When you say that these are tracks you've "uploaded" to Spotify, do you mean local tracks from your own personal collection? If so, that is likely the reason you're having issues, as these would not be available on the Mac you're using unless they are saved to the computer for Spotify to reference. Please see this page for more details on local files.

If you have confirmed these are not local files and are still having issues, could you please share a link to your playlist that I could take a look at to see what might be happening?

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @dinomight. I guess they are local files then. Playlist here here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ZNgMqvCamFeS71sqbJeOo?si=77YsRDHdT1WPuMPa-AcWsw

I thought that when I added those songs to Spotify they would upload to the cloud as they did with Google Play. Is there any way to do that or do I have to now download those local files to my Mac?

This seems silly. The entire purpose of this is to have easy access to all my songs.

Suggested posts