Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Changes Pitch After Cutting Out

Music Changes Pitch After Cutting Out

I figured I'd post these here for the staff to see.

I'm a software developer on the Mac/iOS, and when I'm using Xcode, sometimes during a build, the system resources get tied up. During this, the sound output for Spotify will cut for half a second, and then come back a higher pitch than it was before. It's very slight, but noticable.

Maybe this has nothing to do with Spotify and everything to do with Mac OS, but I thought I'd post about it.

I'm using Mountain Lion on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

8 Replies

I've been having this same problem with spotify for a year or so. I have xcode installed, but rarely open. The music only switches to high pitched after my computer has gone to sleep and then woken up (I think). It's never done it mid-track or anything like that. I'm running OSX 10.9.5 currently and will re-post if the issue occurs in OSX Yosemitie. No other applications on my Mac that use MP3 encoding are affected when spotify is (VLC, mPlayer, etc). The bandaid fix is to simply restart spotify and then tracks play at normal speed. I frequently switch between desktop spotify and mobile spotify, so they may be having some affect. This bug happens at least 5 times a week for me.

This bug appears to be resolved in OSX Yosemitie

Just encountered this problem through android Spotify app

This is currently happening when I am using the Spotify Android app via Bluetooth with my car stereo.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Stereo: Pioneer FH-X775BT

The music will cut out for about half a second, then a couple a seconds later, the pitch heightens. About 10 seconds after that, the pitch goes back to normal. This will happen about 1-3 times in a 4 minute song.

Would reeeally appreciate a fix! It's incredibly embarassing while taking passengers in my car.

EDIT:

I did a factory reset on my phone, and also updated to the latest version of Spotify. One of which seemed to fix the issue. Yay!

This is also happening to me using the iOS Spotify App as recently as today.  It's happened to me multiple times per day in the last few days.

Here are all of my relevant details:

Device: iPhone 5S (ME341LL/A)

Firmware Version: 9.3.1 (13E238)

Spotify Version: 6.5.0.1665

I'm using BlueTooth to connect to my Bose SLIII speaker.  Every so often (for reasons unknown to me) the music will cut out for a fraction of a second and when it comes back the song is slightly (but noticeably) above pitch.  After a while the levels return back down to normal until it occurs again.

Any idea why?  Thank you!

Me too...

iPhone 6S (iOS 10.3.3) sometimes change tune and pop up sound. All another players works fine :S

Nevermind, it's back again. >_<

I have this problem all the time on the Android app. Especially when playing to bluetooth speakers. The pitch of every songe wavers up and down all over the place. It's essentially un-listenable for music where exact timing and pitch is 90% of what music even is. It's driving me crazy that I pay for this garbage, while any other plain old mp3 player app works fine.

Suggested posts