Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Jumps/skips likes it is a scratched CD. Every 10secs or so...

Solved!

Music Jumps/skips likes it is a scratched CD. Every 10secs or so...

Hi...just downloaded and paid up to Spotify premium...so far everything looking ok except when I play any song it skips constantly...every 10secs or so...like a scratched CD...internet conection is decent so I have no idea what is going on. I am using a Mac. Obviously if I wasnt paying I wouldnt complain but paying for premium this should not happen, Open to ideas suggestions, help advice, Many thanks...

91 Replies

Turns out, I just had too many windows open, now it works fine

I turned both off and problem persists. Any other ideas?

This is happening on my ps4. It works perfectly fine with my phone but not on the ps

In my case it was a razor keyboard that did it.
After changing to normal keyboard problem was gone.

So I am happy 🙂

Best regards

Rustamus82

This is BS, I have neither turned on and I'm paying almost $12 a month for crappy quality music that skips, get your act together Spotify or natural selection will eliminate you !

Once again, BS there is no excuse for the poor quality music we are getting for $12 a month ! I should have to be a sound engineer to get good quality !

Same problem on Android, and on my Samsun Smart TV, after they upgraded Spotify doesn't work! How dare you charge $12 a month.

Lies ! This is a fake post from Spotify ! The issue occurs on Android too !

Let's all find another solution, apparently Spotify doesn't have the ability to solve these problems, for $12 a month, i'm sure someone will!

BS again ! I don't want to buy a Sonos system I want' good streaming music over the internet, If Spotify cannot hand this, I will find another solution that can !

I'm ready to cancel, that will send a message to these arrogant idiots that think people will put up with this crap for so much money!

Incompetence !

They don't we all need to cancel our subscription to get their attention!

Just a guess:

Could this be a DRM issue? I experience that especially when spotify is in the background. It looks like it "fears" that then someone could record the playback. (At least that's the first thought I had)... Because it has several songs that have that issues and others that never skip during playback... Strange thing...

I guess one should search the direct contact to spotify because actually we're here in the community help section, so Spotify thinks that the community will solve all the questions here 😉 ... If one got response by the direct spotify support please post it here... Just curious

Marked as solution

I was having the same problem on OSX 10/ desktop. I had already turned off gapless playback & mixing & had high quality streaming turned off.

What worked for me was going to advanced & switching to 'no proxy'

switch to apple music. same price and it doesnt skip all over the place. it does what it is supposed to. it plays music

I downloaded DU
battery saver from Google play store
It fixed,the skipping
Go figure! It works

Just seen this is 3 years old. Experiencin exact same probs. Is there a fix for this?

Suggested posts