Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Jumps/skips likes it is a scratched CD. Every 10secs or so...

Solved!

Music Jumps/skips likes it is a scratched CD. Every 10secs or so...

Hi...just downloaded and paid up to Spotify premium...so far everything looking ok except when I play any song it skips constantly...every 10secs or so...like a scratched CD...internet conection is decent so I have no idea what is going on. I am using a Mac. Obviously if I wasnt paying I wouldnt complain but paying for premium this should not happen, Open to ideas suggestions, help advice, Many thanks...

91 Replies

how do you change that?

So 3 years later and i find this thread and Spotify has done nothing about this?!

I've had this problem now for three weeks, making Spotify unusable for me.  I will have to cancel if they can't figure out a solution.

I just had this issue. My wireless Mac keyboard has screwed stuff up in the past, so I turned it off and back on and now Spotfiy is working fine for me. 

Nope, i have no exteral wireless things connected to my computer.

I had this issue for months and finally fixed it.

I had a Chrome addon called Dashlane (a password app), it prefilled fields that it thought were passwords. Every time it tried to check the fields I noticed that is when it happened. I removed the Chrome Addon and now it now longer skips.

Maybe check through your Chrome addons and disable one at a time. 

I would except I really don't want to give apple any more of my money. Spotify or tidal for me

Solved! After hours and hours I foun that you have to desactivate hardware aceleration not only on spotify preferences but in chrome preferences. In advanced settings you have to desactivate "hardware acceleration when is avalable".
Hope this help.

I have found the only files that skip like a record come from my pc contributed files to spotify not stuff I get only from spotty.

Been trying to isolate the source of this, skipping like a record music files, by playing my contributed music files,,that is,, music I actually have the cd for and have loaded and played for years through my pc, win7 64bit on windows media player. Yes, it skips there also,just within the last 6 months. These particular files I use alot as background music while I work.

What does not skip is music that Spotify owns distribution of and allows me to borrow as a paid premium member, like my popmusic list.

I turned off all the spotyify features mentioned earlier and it works for a minute but then comes back.

So Thinking my music was corrupted ,,I tryed deleting anything I contributed, mainly that list of skipping files from my Spotify lists and tryed re-list Enigma files straight from online, stuff not in my pc,, no skip there,.

..pushing my luck,I re-listed album I have thinking I was getting it from spotify only   and it worked non skip for one play..then I sipped bad again..shhh  

Like a worn out pair of socks hanging by a thread.

it was incredible, I was playing.. actually .. am playing ... "shy of the moon" from The Wallflowers and I was sure the song had been uploaded from a scratched CD. Also curious what official spotify help would say about it. Maybe they're short of technicians/ professionals ... kkkk 

have the same problem, desktop client,windows7 32bit, spotify premium user, crossofades on, spotify hardware acceleration off, high quality off problem persists !

Is this solution still working for you? All the solutions seem temporary and it appears the people at spotify are not going to try and solve the issue. 

Yes. Since I changed keyboard, all works perfectly.

Switching to no proxy worked for me! Thanks for suggesting this. 🙂

I have a a similar problem on my phone. Whenever I press the power button, it skips a few seconds of the song. It also skips when I search in Google, as I found out trying to find this post :p. My phone is android version 5.1.1. It didn't happen until my free trial of premium ended. It also used to only skip when playing through the phone speaker or a a headset plugged in, but now it also skips when playing through Bluetooth.

What's spotify phone number

no still having issues with spotify even after emailing with spotify support and now waiting techs to get back to me but liked it until issues started happen but really thinking apple muisc might be the answer unless i have the same problems there but i doubt it im having this issue on my iphone 7 plus and macbook 

Just adding myself to the list of unhappy people experiencing this issue. Tried pretty much everything mentioned in this feed as possible fixes and no resolution. Was having an issue with Spotify skipping tracks - it would just randomly start skipping from track to track, never playing anything and wouldn't resolve until (sometimes) I restarted my computer, or would just randomly resolve the next day or when it felt like it. Like, once I'd been listening for a while, it would give up. I used a recent promotion to upgrade to premium - haven't had the track skipping issue again...yet, but now the music itself is skipping, like a scratched cd. Really annoyed. I upgraded so I could be more productive for work, instead I'm blowing time trying to troubleshoot this nonsense... 😞 

Did you tried to change keyboard?

I am having the same problem with even my downloaded playlists skipping, I reckon I will give it another month and fair enough if they cant fix it but if thats the case then I will cancel my subscription its just not worth the money

I have had this problem too.  For me, I found it happens only when I use a set of speakers that connect by bluetooth from my android phone or my laptop. The speakers can be used together (they sync to each other) or just one. Spotify does this [skipping & scratchy] when I use the speakers as a pair (connected through bluetooth).  When I use just one of the speakers I do not have a problem. I am thinking that maybe there is too much interference and signals are "fighting" with each other.  I really do not know much about all of this kind of thing. Just did some experimenting.

Interesting though I doesn't do it when I listen to Pandora (or IPod or other devices).  Using Spotify has been the only time I have this issue. Good luck.  Hope this helps somebody...

Suggested posts