Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music Jumps/skips likes it is a scratched CD. Every 10secs or so...

Solved!

Music Jumps/skips likes it is a scratched CD. Every 10secs or so...

Hi...just downloaded and paid up to Spotify premium...so far everything looking ok except when I play any song it skips constantly...every 10secs or so...like a scratched CD...internet conection is decent so I have no idea what is going on. I am using a Mac. Obviously if I wasnt paying I wouldnt complain but paying for premium this should not happen, Open to ideas suggestions, help advice, Many thanks...

91 Replies

Ok had same issue - on Chrome - install plugin called disconnect - 

Disconnect

offered by disconnect.me

Once installed - you can block advertising - it work for me - no more skipping.

I was having this same problem on my galaxy s6. I thought it was the headphones until I found this page with so many people experiencing the same issue. After looking through all the suggestions here,  I closed the window and restarted my phone and it stopped.

Had this problem on a Galaxy S6 as well. Restarting my phone fixed it for me, can't believe I didnt try that sooner.

I was trying to pinpoint the cause with trial and error of turning settings on and off. Oddly it would skip about every 10-20 seconds but only if I was both on wifi and the screen was locked. 

After reading others' issues on this it sounds like there are many variables to this problem and different solutions depending on the application, equipment used and how Spotify is used. For me it was when I tried to listen to a set of wireless speakers paired together - Spotify  skips and is scratchy. Didn't matter if it Spotify was running from  my laptop or android phone. When I just used one of the speakers alone my problem was solved. I don't know how to contact Spotify directly about this problem either, however. Since it seems like a very common problem, one would think Spotify would want to know about it and address it publicly instead of just letting it be talked about and potenially lose customers. Never had this issue with Pandora.  Makes me think it is something within Spotify, but I am not technologically savvy enough to know how it all works. Just found my problem by trial and error.

I'm having the same issue!! I'm using it on my Galaxy Note 5 and it has only just recently happened (today, and past 2 months). I'm strongly thinking about cancelling with Spotify!

I also realized the other day that in my area if a video is attached to a
song on spotify, this issue happens. I'm guessing because I am in a rural
area with slower internet that has to catch up. I just go into spotify and
change songs. There probably is a ssetting to disable the videos, but
haven't look for it yet.

This has been happening on my phone for the past few months- restarting the app doesn't help, nor does restarting my phone. I've turned off gapless playback and normalize volume, and set to normal quality so I don't know what the problem is. Google Play music works fine. Canceling Spotify premium if this keeps up. Why would anyone want to listen to music that sounds like it's coming from a broken CD??

Thuroughly displeased with Spotify. I had no issue with skipping until a couple of days ago. I've tried all the recommendations on this post to no avail. I'm done with Spotify. Thanks all for your comments. 

Mine has started doing this on my Samsung S8+... I have basically turned off every playback setting, yet it is still "skipping" 2-3 times per song... Where is the Spotify rep in this conversation?? 

Are you using a hardwired sound option or bluetooth? 

I found that I experienced this with a bluetooth connection to a cheap and bad bluetooth speaker. Playing the same tracks via the speakers on my laptop had no skipping issues.

Hey,

This isn't juch of a fix, but their online help people just reset**bleep** for me and gave me a free month of premium to apologize for the trouble. So here's hoping their fix works and it doesn't happen again!

Me too!! It only happens when I try to stream music in my car via Bluetooth. When I connect to my Bose bluetooth speaker at home, it works fine. I have connected to family & friends' bluetooth speakers and it's always fine. It worked fine when I bought the car and had an iPhone 6. Since I've updated to a 7 and now an 8 plus, it has never worked. It's not the car because millions of other people update their phone and keep their car, and can still stream music.

I reached out to Nissan and was assisted by a tech support member of their IT department for their radio/navigation equipment and they could not locate an issue with my car. Sometimes when I restart the app or my phone, it will work for 2-3 songs. Then it skips literally every 1 second. It's maddening. I try all the time and always have to go back to the sucky radio. 

I've tried the following and nothing worked:

-Closing all apps and re-opening Spotify only

- Soft reset of my phone

- Updating iOS

- Changing the playback settings

- Disconnecting from bluetooth and reconnecting

- Turn off bluetooth completely, restart phone, re-pair phone to car

The only thing I haven't tried is disconnecting my Spotify from Facebook because it WON'T LET ME! Why wouldn't Spotify allow someone to change from a Facebook account to a regular account? UGH!!!

Spotify, please help. I am so, SO tired of the radio. I pay you monthly, you need to help. No help = no more paying.

Suggested posts