Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops every 5 seconds - desktop only!

Solved!

Music stops every 5 seconds - desktop only!

I've had this problem for some time now.  My 27" iMac cannot run the desktop app without the music starting and stopping every few seconds.  This happens whether connected via ethernet or WiFi.  I've checked my cable signal throughput and it's a consistent 50+MPS.  I've deleted Spotify several times using Appcleaner and reinstalled with no change.

Strange thing is, my iphone, ipad and TV (all wifi connected) seem to run spotify just fine on the same network so I'm assuming there's something going on in my desktop.

Description

Pause on every 5 seconds

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Spotify works fine with other devices on the same wifi network

2. I'm not sure when this started but believe it was the same in Mavericks and Yosemite

What I expected to happen

I want to play a song without pause (buffering?)

What actually happened

I hit the play button and the songs pause every 5 sec as if buffering

My Operating System

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Is your Operating System 32 or 64 bit?

Do you have a Service Pack installed?

My Spotify version

1.03.101 gbfa97dfe

My internet provider and country

Comcast USA

Did you do a clean install of your current Windows version or did you upgrade from a previous version?

Upgrade from previous version (Mavericks to Yosemite)

My username

rji2goleez

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

Please read this.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-on-Yosemite-stops-playing-random...

Hope it helps.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I have a similar problem with OSX 10.10.3 To me it happens as I either change desktop or the source of sound (spotify, safari etx) goes in the background (not an "active window"). Then it dozes off in a waiting state clipping sound on and off. I get around the problem by not using Airfoil and play sound direct from the system as default. Not ideal as I looses the flexibillity and equalizer with Airfoil. If someone knows how I can turn off the energy saving state I suspect is the casue of this it would be great. 

One additional observation. It seems that the Web Player plays fine on my desktop so it's only the desktop app has this issue.
Marked as solution

Hello!

Please read this.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Spotify-on-Yosemite-stops-playing-random...

Hope it helps.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

That does it!  Thanks so much.  That's the first I've read of a solution like this.  Perfect!

Have fun, enjoy music! 🙂

Suggested posts