Petica

Plan

Premium

Device

MacBook Air 

Operating System

MacOS Monterey 12.4

My Question or Issue

Spotify suddenly won't play when connected to Samsung soundbar. I can listen from my Macbook as normal, but when connected to the soundbar nothing happens, the music won't even start although everything looks normal (i.e. it shows that Spotify connect is connected to Samsung HW-J6500). I have restarted Spotify, logged out, restarted my Macbook, restarted my wifi. Nothing works. 

Thanks a lot in advance. 

11 Replies

melsconverse

I'm having a similar issue with the Spotify app on my android. It will play fine through the phone speakers, but will stop and refuse to load when it's linked to my headphones or car. Maybe its a bluetooth issue? I'm not sure what else to try.

Petica

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry to hear you're having a similar issue. It can't be a bluetooth issue though since I'm connected to wifi. I've had no problems until last week when this started. 

Eni

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

@Petica, would you mind letting us know if the same happens using a different device such as a phone? Also, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app on your MacBook to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

@melsconverse, the issue you're describing is slightly different from the OP's. In this case, we suggest that you submit your post on the relevant board to avoid any mix-ups.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Petica

Thank you for your help Eni. I have now run a clean install and it still doesn't work, sadly. I also tried to connect to the sound bar from my Iphone and the same happened there, too. 

Eni

Hey there @Petica

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you check if the firmware of your sound bar is up to date?

On another note, we'd recommend trying with a different internet connection to see if that makes the difference.

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Sander20

Same issue here with Samsung HW-J7500. Tried to powercycle the soundbar, log off everywhere, rebooted router, changed DNS.

soundbar is on the latest firmware. 

Problem is with smart phone app and browser. Both unable to start spotify connect to the soundbar

AlejaR

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread 🙂

We really appreciate the details you kindly sent us and the troubleshooting done so far. Rest assured this is being investigated by the right team and we've passed this new info.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

Cheers!

Petica

Thank you for sharing, Sander20. Tried the same things here + reconnected the soundbar but it's still the same. Soundbar is on the latest firmware as well. 

Lorre03

Hello, I had the same problem with Spotify couldn't connect by WiFi with my Samsung Soundbar.

Connection via bluetooth went fine.

I solved the problem by removing Spotify from every device I have and install it only back to my smartphone. 

Problem solved 😬☺️

Petica

We got tired of the problems and solved the issue by ditching the Samsung soundbar. Bought a Sonos Beam Gen 2 soundbar instead and now Spotify works perfectly on every device again (MacBook, Iphone, Ipad). 

Thanks again to everyone who helped, I hope you will find a solution as well. 

Lorre03

Sadly , the solution only works one time. **bleep** down Spotify and later wanna play it again on the Soundbar it will not play via WiFi. 

Seems like every solution I tried works only one time and then in the end you run out of options .

Earlier I did a reset on the Soundbar and I could play it for a while, now nothing seems to work ..

Kinda sucks 😞

Suggested posts

Env: prod