Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music that’s not mine starts playing without me playing it

Music that’s not mine starts playing without me playing it

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

(iPhone 6, Macbook Pro mid 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 12+, macOS Mojave 10.14.1)

My Question or Issue

It started a month ago or so. Music randomly starts playing. A song that I’ve never listened to. I press pause, but after a while it gets played again (or some other song gets played, but it’s not my music at all). I saw that it switches to Chrome Web Player when it starts playing, but I never use Web player, and there are no other computers in my home that use it. So I “take over” by selecting Play on Mac, but then it “retakes it” again. It almost looks like as I’m fighting with someone over who’s going to play the song / on which device!

Please advise, this thing makes it impossible for me to use Spotify!

3 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

In addition, you can try to log in on the web app and see what devices are connected. Log out from all and then worst case you can try to reinstall Spotify on your devices. 

Hope this helps!

https://support.spotify.com/is/using_spotify/troubleshooting/reinstallation-of-spotify/ 

If you were in a group session sometimes you'll have a ton of stuff in your queue when you leave the session, so you might have to clear your queue to get back to your music too. Took me a long time to figure this out, it was driving me nuts listening to someone else's music for that long.

Suggested posts