Plan

(Premium)

Country

(Australia)

Device

(MacBook Air, 13")

Operating System

(10.15.7)

Whenever I have any music on, in any order, the song always stops playing and says "Can't play current song" yet the play button says it is still playing but it isn't. I've tried updating the app, downloading it again, restarting my mac, everything that all the other posts said. Nothing is working. I've had this issue for around 2 months now. I have resorted to using the web player but obviously it isn't as nifty as the actual app.

3 Replies

Hi there @silviak

Hope you're doing great! 🙂 

Can you try following the steps described here and tell us if it works for you?
If that doesn't do the trick, make sure to add your +VOTE on this ongoing issue here and comment with the following info:

• The device(s) (make, model & OS) this is happening on
  • The exact Spotify version
  • Do you have headphones or external speakers connected (Bluetooth/wired)?
  • Is the behavior always the same?
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you tried (eg. changing networks, turning off Proxy or VPN, restarting your device, setting the app Offline, checked the firewall, etc)?
  • Any screenshots or screen recording of what's happening would be very helpful - just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Have a great day! 😃 

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This didn't work.

The device(s) (make, model & OS) this is happening on
Macbook Air 13'', macOS 10.15.7

The exact Spotify version
1.1.64.561.g71bd09eb-a

Do you have headphones or external speakers connected (Bluetooth/wired)?
Headphones but it still happens when I use the external speakers.

Is the behavior always the same?
Yes

Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random?
At random.

What troubleshooting steps have you tried (eg. changing networks, turning off Proxy or VPN, restarting your device, setting the app Offline, checked the firewall, etc)?
Changing networks, restarting device, logging in and out, setting the app offline, logging out then restarting my device then logging in again.

Hi again @silviak!

Thanks for sharing this information with us! Also, can you please share them here as well? Commenting on this ongoing issue will make easier for the right team to investigate what's going on, and please, don't forget to add your +VOTE there!

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to us. We'll love to help you out!

Mateus.

MateusMSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts