Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won't start playing

Solved!

Music won't start playing

I've got Spotify Unlimited on my MacBook Air for a few days now, and when I double-click a song, nothing happens. Can somebody please help me with this, because I have been trying restarting Spotify and everything, nothing helped so far.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi guys. Spotify here. We are aware of some service issues and are working on a fix. Sorry for any troubles, we will continue providing updates here and at our @SpotifyStatus Twitter handle. 

View solution in original post

34 Replies

i've got the same problem but in windows.

my spotify version is 0.9.4.178

I'm on windows and am having the same problem. It started some 5 min ago.

@Zias wrote:

I'm on windows and am having the same problem. It started some 5 min ago.

yeah, me too but 15 min ago

Working fine, earlier this morning. 

Suddenly stopped

'Can't play the current track' for every song I'm clicking on. 

Has the whole app gone down?

Hi,

Yes same problem here. I also had a bittorrent trying to access files on my pc. Bit worried!

Steve :0/

Steve @ Wickham, Hants.

Same thing here. Spotify will start, login will work but "discover" fails to load and no music plays. Logging off, restarting the app and login on again allow me to log on but still not to play any music and "discover" pretends to be in offline mode (even though it isn't) Looks like a network issue (and dubious programming).

Guys we have a problem.

Spotify Unlimited on windows 7 when I click a song nothing happens. Can someone check it please?

same here ....

Twitter is frantic with many with the same problem

https://twitter.com/search?q=spotify&src=typd&f=realtime

in many different languages, notably

My wont work too, the songs are "white" not gray, but nothing happens when i click on then??

Same here

Look like somebody needs to fix this

Same here, wont work. Running Spotify Premium

Same here with windows

Same here. Nothing helped so far. re-logging in, uninstall and install etc.

Win 7 here

Same problem here: Copenhagen, Denmark.

Spotify loads OK, and I can download music.

But nothing happens when I click on a song.

This is the same with 2 Apple devices and a Windows laptop, and the same with wifi and 4G.

The same here. Spotify for Windows 7, not loading. I uninstalled all, and reinstalled from scratch, but it goes offline mode.

I have firewall okay, and i see spotify.exe connects to 78.31.8.81, port 4070 correctly, but i dont see anything, and my lists are not synced.

Web browser works fine however, and Android also connects within the same network.

Same issue here, UK using windows desktop

as soon as you finish the song you are listening to the next one wont start.....I have to log out, log back in and then it plays but the next song wont start

No se reproduce la música. Tengo una canción en play y no sale la barra de avance de la canción ni el tiempo que dura., Así con cualquiera... Alguien me podría dar una solución. LLevo así mas de una hora, he reiniciado, reinstalado el programa,.... y sigue igual...

Same here, was working offline on my phone this morning but will not work AT ALL on my work computer (as a premium user) This needs to be fixed.

Suggested posts