Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Musixmatch not working on desktop osx app

Musixmatch not working on desktop osx app

I have 1.0.1 with lyrics button, but when I clcick lyrics button I get a 

"We'll be back shortly. Your connection is slow or weak" message. Have done so for days now.

Connection fine & not slow or weak.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks,

K

23 Replies

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I already reinstall spotify (yesterday) and still Lyrics doesnt work....

My connection is fine and have full quality streaming.

Im behind a proxy, but we are not blocking ports....

Can somebody help me?

Hi, I already reinstall spotify (yesterday) and still Lyrics doesnt work....

My connection is fine and have full quality streaming.

Im behind a proxy, but we are not blocking ports....

Can somebody help me?

06-05-2015 09-59-15 a.m..png

I have the same problem. I just dont see the quality in Spotify regarding many things. This doesn't work. I wonder when they will start expanding the App into many different things. What will be the percentage of things that will 100% work. I guess we are all their "premium" QA Team.

I've got the same problem, also behind a proxy (cntlm, if it would matter). Also some images inside e.g Artist view will not show up (e.g whatever image there should be under Popular section before the index number). Does CEF ignore spotify proxy settings or something?

We will never get an answer and even further we are from any possible solution. Reviewing Apple Music right now.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community.

Can I check whether you're all connecting through a Proxy?

Does the same thing happen when you're not connecting through a Proxy?

Thanks, 

Adam.

Hello Adam,

After all this months making this question shows that there is no QA Team at spotify , Sorry starting by complaining. So this wont work with or without proxy. I have tried both ways. You can contact your internal support team or Open an internal ticket. They will confirm that this is not working. They can figure it out very quickly and simulate proxy usage. Maybe you cna even try it yourself and join this long list of unhappy people .

Regards,
Federico

@federico22285 Thanks for the reply!

We can't actually replicate this issue on our end. Does the Lyrics feature work at certain times of the day, or is it always unavailable?

Which device/operating system are you noticing this on?

Hi Adam,

This is 100% replicable on the following environment : 10.10.4 (14E46) OSX Yosemite. At any given moment of the day you will ge tthe same message. "10.10.4 (14E46)"

@federico22285 We can't reproduce it in that scenario, it seems like this issue's linked to your proxy.

Can you try connecting without a proxy?

Also, could you try a different internet connection?

Thanks!

Hi, I obviousbly tried without the proxy and works fine.

The problem is that I define a proxy for streaming and Lyrics module don't use it, 

This is the problem.

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up! 

As Musixmatch created this feature in this app, have you tried reaching out to them to see how they perform through proxies?

You can reach them here.

Let us know if you notice anything else like this.

Thanks again 🙂

Exact same problem here. No lyrics, no images. Makes the product less attractive.

Yosemite 10.10.2
Spotify musixmatch
proxy HHTPS

Hey guys!

Thanks for your posts in the Community!

Are you still having trouble with this? If so, have you been in touch with the Musixmatch team? They should be able to take a look into this for you.

Keep me posted.

Hi, I have this issue too, I'm not behind any proxy or firewall, in fact my configuration is exactly the same as it was before this issue took place, I'm runnin Mac OSX 10.9.5, my connection is perfectly fine and I use a lot the lyrics app in Spotify, so please Fix it Soon
Cheers!

Hi @PauPau_De_Fresa,

First of all, welcome to the Spotify Community! Thanks for posting.

If you're having issues with the app but you're not connecting through a proxy, try these steps for a clean reinstall.

Make sure you're deleting the files/folders mentioned for Mac.

If you're still having connection issues, it may be worth getting in touch with Musixmatch.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

Hello. I have the same problem here. I'm connecting with Proxy (the company's proxy). Spotify works fine, but the Lyrics feature has never once worked.

Hello same problem here also using different hardware, OS and installs. Must be very easy to replicate. Just start Spotify and Musixmatch and change the song midway one or two tines - bingo - the Musixmatch app hangs..

Suggested posts