Plan

free

Italy

Device

Mac

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14

My Question or Issue
My desktop app doesn't work, i can listen music on the spotify browse, but when i open the app i can see only black with the last listening (wich i can listen also in the app) but that's all... i can't search music and do anything else... i don't know what to do, i've been trying all the instruction i've read in spotify guides.
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Thank you for your attention and support

26 Replies

None of this is helpful. 

Why the **bleep** would anyone click accept this as a solution? I tried the suggestion, and it provided respire for about a week. That's not a "solution" is it?

Agreed.

The suggested solutiuon is kind of less then helpful really. It's like buying a new car from someone, and on finding that the engine breaks down, taking it back to be told there's nothing wrong with said engine, you just need to have a new one put in every month or so. Only a software company would be so obscure and lofty.

Just a suggestion, but I find Apple Music fine - less clear to use, but more tracks, and has that small advantage of, you know, actually working.

my spotify app hasn't been working for over a week now. i have tried all the troubleshooting options and none of them seems to work. my macbook air's OS is currently Big Sur 11.4. hope this can be fixed

Screen Shot 2021-06-13 at 1.51.01 PM.png

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies in this thread.

If you followed the troubleshooting steps that's been provided and you still experience this, can you try to open the app as the Administrator?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you reinstall the app in Safe mode?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

None of your "solutions" have ever worked, and it is so frustrating. I've never once been able to use my Spotify Desktop app. Not once. For YEARS. Y'all need to get it together over there and figure it out. 

Hey everyone,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to get this issue fixed. First you'll need to make the Library-folder on your Mac visible. Here's how:

1. Launch Terminal, which you can find in /Applications/Utilities
  2. Enter the following command in Terminal: chflags nohidden ~/Library. This changes the flag visibility to on, thereby making Library a visible folder.

Once your Library-folder is visible you can do the following:

1. Open up Finder and click on Go at the top of your screen. You should see the Library-folder, open it.
  2. Go to Application Support and scroll down until you find a Spotify-folder.
  3. In the Spotify folder you should find a prefs-file. Simply delete it and restart the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts