Plan

free

Italy

Device

Mac

Operating System

macOS Mojave 10.14

My Question or Issue
My desktop app doesn't work, i can listen music on the spotify browse, but when i open the app i can see only black with the last listening (wich i can listen also in the app) but that's all... i can't search music and do anything else... i don't know what to do, i've been trying all the instruction i've read in spotify guides.
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
Thank you for your attention and support

9 Replies

Re: My MAC desktop app doesn't work

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Could you try it on another user account on your Mac? Does it help if you switch to another internet connection?

I'd also recommend updating to macOS Mojave 10.14.4 :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

sonodea
Casual Listener

Spotify constantly stops working on my iMac. Not sure why? It works everywhere else. My MacBook, TV and iPhone are fine. I know many people who have the same issues. I restarted it, re downloaded it, closed app out in other place and to no avail. I have had this problem since January 2019.

tksf

This has been an ongoing issue for me for over a year now. It's happening right now as I type this. I just downloaded Catalina (restarts computer) and then uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and the app window opens, shows the sidebar but will not load the home page, browse, or radio pages. I cannot search for anything yet I can still get my playlists to load and play. This is incredibly frustrating and driving me insane.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 1.01.09 PM.png

sonodea
Casual Listener

Spotify knows about the issue but they do nothing. I have done eveything they asked and the problem persists.  It taakes about a half-hour for it to work in may case and then is stops working.

tkgcmt
Visitor

Same is happening to me here. Tried rebooting and reinstalling, with no success. Sometimes it doesn't load not even once. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 9.47.02 AM.png

Chrome has some visual glitches as well, so I'm inclined to say that this is some kind of incompatibility with drivers on Mojave or the graphic card itself, but this is just speculation.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @tkgcmt@sam202@sonodea & @tksf,

Have you tried disabling Hardware Acceleration from the Spotify menu in the Menu Bar?

Keep me posted :)

LoxerRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

NeighborNancy
Casual Listener

Your suggestion to disable Hardware resulted in my received the attached message. However, after restarting Spotify, it did appear to resolve my inability to load all my playlists on my iMac (OS Catalina, 10.15.1). After receiving the first attached message, I restarted Spotify, and now I see the second attachment. Thank you!

image.png
image.png

arnavjain03
Casual Listener

Same issue

Screenshot 2019-12-06 at 5.32.03 AM.png

engage001

f4m1c0m
Casual Listener

I have the same issue, I first noticed it on my PC and now on the mac desktop app. Different OS and different internet location. 

SUGGESTED POSTS