Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Mac won't download add local files to Spotify from source file

My Mac won't download add local files to Spotify from source file

I have mp3 files downloaded to my Mac that I would like on my Spotify. I have added local files in the past but now when I try to add them it won't sync. I have the source file turned on and it is the correct file that I want. Other songs in the file are there, but not these.
5 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

You mean you can't see the files on Spotify on your Mac or they don't sync on a mobile device from the Mac?

Could you first perform a clean reinstall of the app on your Mac? Here is how to do one. It's also a good idea to update or install the latest version of QuickTime from here.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, it could be possible, that the files you want to import are DRM-protected. Can you make sure you're not trying to import such files, more info on that can be found here?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having this same issue. I have tried the clean install and the files are not DRM-protected. Next steps?

Hey @rawtmeow,

Thank you for joining the conversation and for the info shared.

We appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. To make sure we cover all the basics, would you mind trying using a different WiFi network? In case you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

It would also be great if you could have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member, to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it could be account-related or not.

Lastly, and if the issue persists; include in your next response the OS version of your Mac, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

To access your local files on your mobile device, you must be logged into the same Spotify account on both your PC and your phone or tablet. This is because your files are only synced to the account you were logged into on your PC when you added them to Spotify.

Regards,

Will

Hey @William241  & @rawtmeow,

Keep in mind that the way Local Files work now is you need to have them physically on any device you want to play them from. They no longer auto-sync across all devices when they're, for example, only present on your PC.
Hope this clears things up a bit 🙂
We'll be on the lookout for any questions you may have.
Cheers!

VasilModerator

Suggested posts