Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify just randomly stopped working

Solved!

My Spotify just randomly stopped working

I was listening to a song on Spotify when the program suddenly crashed. When I logged in again, I couldn't go online anymore.

I have:
1. Restarted my computer. Did not help.

2. Checked if something was wrong with my internet connection. It wasn't.

3. Reinstalled the program using the current installer from Spotify's website. This did not help, in fact it made it worse. Now when I log in, all my playlists have disappeared.

4. I've checked my account on Spotify's webiste. It seems like my account is still active, and that I've paid for this month's premium.

5. I've tried logging in with my facebook details, this didn't help either.

So now just out of nowhere I can't go online and all my playlists have disappeared. Why is that??

Ps. I own a Mac 10 OS X 10.7, if that helps

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify Status@SpotifyStatus

We are experiencing some issues with the service at the moment. We are working hard to solve these #problems

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

My premium account has gone completely wonky.

I've been logged into it through my Facebook account for years with no problems. I'm still logged in on My Echo Dot which still has my premium account and playlists but I cannot log in through this website or on my phone. I need this fixed.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify Status@SpotifyStatus

We are experiencing some issues with the service at the moment. We are working hard to solve these #problems

It's a service wide problem encompasing lots of countries, frustrating but the web player does still seem to be working.

Ok I see. Thanks!

This has happened to me - was using premium yesterday on my iPhone tried again today says all playlists are offline and telling me to upgrade to premium? Can you help?!

@Rls23688 wrote:
This has happened to me - was using premium yesterday on my iPhone tried again today says all playlists are offline and telling me to upgrade to premium? Can you help?!

Hey 🙂 

Is your premium definitely still active on your online account? Try logging out and back into the app again. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi my spotify has stopped working but my playlists are available ?

What error are you getting when you try and play some content? 

Peter

Peter

Yeah.. I was listening to music on spotify web player, and someone tried to talk to me, I simply paused my music, they finished what they were saying then when I went to unpause my music, not only was it lagging.. apparently even though I was mid-song I paused it during a commercial! Now none of my playlists will play... please help
I really appreciate it!
~Burr

Oh.. and if these help any
I have a windows 7 acer 1 laptop and
The commercial was a JCPenny commercial... thanks JCPenny.

@ThisIs_Burr_xD - Does it work again if you open the web player in private browsing (firefox) or incognito mode (chrome)? 

Peter

My Spotify has stopped working on my PC. I canot enter in the program,  can not desinstal it or install it again. It simply doesn't do anything.

Can you help me please?

Marcos Ramalho

No your not its the same thing for me except I have windows 10 and it worked fine before.

My family premium just stopped working for 2 of us, all playlists gone, disaster, cant even log in now because I am outside of the country..anyone know whats going on??

Marked as solution

My premium account has gone completely wonky.

I've been logged into it through my Facebook account for years with no problems. I'm still logged in on My Echo Dot which still has my premium account and playlists but I cannot log in through this website or on my phone. I need this fixed.

Mine too. I'm listening in on a desktop computer and usually log in with Facebook. I have logged out and back in again three times and I cannot play any new songs or albums. The album cover of what I last managed to listen too remains dipslayed in the bottom left corner. This happens FREQUENTLY. Which is awkward when I pay for the full service. Please sort this spotify, or you will start losing customers. 

Suggested posts