Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Web Player will not load

Solved!

My Web Player will not load

I'm trying to play my music in the Spotify Web Player, not the app, and it won't load. I don't know what to do, because Spotify's homepage loads perfectly fine, but as soon as I try to go on play.spotify.com nothing works. My screen is just completely black with the spotify logo in the corning, there isn't even a loading sign. It has been like this for a few days, but I can still access my music on the Spotify app, and on my phone. If anyone could help that would be great! And I just realized that I can attach a picture of my screen, so I'm going to do that too.

65 Replies

@

Hello

Yes, I am still having this issue. 

@kon_micky

Hello:

How about trying with the Chrome browser with a incognito window?

Nope. Still same problem. 

@kon_micky

Hello:

Apologizes, I had not intended to overlook your post response, but it happened none the less.

A couple more things to double check, just to make sure third party browser extensions, like ad blockers and other third party add on items might be preventing playback on the Spotify webplayer. Saw some posts a few weeks back that disabling or turning off ad blocker add-ons to browsers when using the Spotify webplayer, doing this allows playback to resume after turning them off for the Spotify webplayer? 

I think it doesn't matter. Web player on my account is not working, but other account (e.g. my friends) is working just fine - same computer, same browser, just other user.

I have the same problem as @kon_micky does and I am sure it's a problem with my account.

I can use Spotify normally on mobile and with desktop players (Windows, Mac), but I can't use the web player -- when I try, all I see is a blank screen and the buttons on the left pane (none work).

Other users can use the web player on my computer with no problems.

Make sure you don't have a Adblock enabled, also clear your browser cache.

Thanks. But the problem is with my account, not with my computer (or browser).

I can't use the Web Player on any computer I try.

I tried to get some help from Spotify support last year and I didn't get any. Just sad.

The Spotify support confirmed to me that the problem is with my account.

The problem is, apparently the support team can't make my account work with Web Player! It suggested me creating a new account. My followers, playlist and music could be transferred to the new account, but I'd lose my private messages and my username.

As far as I know, there's no option to export the messages. And my current account has an unique one-character username -- I don't want to lose it. New usernames need to have at least 4 characters.

It is a pity. For now I'll keep using Spotify without the Web Player.

I hope one day Spotify can solve my problem without me having to create a new account.

I've tried to use the Spotify Web Player on Microsoft Edge but's still not working. All it shows is the loading symbol and that''s it. Bee waiting for quite some time too...

I've tried to use the Spotify Web Player on Microsoft Edge but's still not working. All it shows is the loading symbol and that''s it. Been waiting for quite some time too...

Can't open web player on Chrome today. 

Edit: doesn't load on IE either so I guess it's not just a Chrome issue.

I'm still having this issue, in every browser on my iMac and MacBook (not on iPhone tho). What could be the problem?

The problem is mostly with chrome because supposedly chrome dosen't support Adobe Flash Player

Hello,

I am having EXACTLY the same problem. I have tried Chrome, Mozila and Internet Explorer and NOTHING works. My spotify is hosted in Germany, I believe. I must say it is rather disappiointing that such a huge service has these kind of technical difficulties where some times I even have a message saying ' this page cannot be displayed' when I try to access the webplayer. Come on, Spotify.

what if you have a chrome OS 

My Spotify Web Player Radio won't load, I have Firefox, and it's only radio that does not work. Everything else like my saved music and stuff is the only thing that is not working.

@e-k wrote:
The Spotify support confirmed to me that the problem is with my account.

The problem is, apparently the support team can't make my account work with Web Player! It suggested me creating a new account. My followers, playlist and music could be transferred to the new account, but I'd lose my private messages and my username.

As far as I know, there's no option to export the messages. And my current account has an unique one-character username -- I don't want to lose it. New usernames need to have at least 4 characters.

It is a pity. For now I'll keep using Spotify without the Web Player.

I hope one day Spotify can solve my problem without me having to create a new account.

I'm having the same problem, although i did not contact spotify about it. I wonder if it's username-related? You mention your 1-character username and my username has an unusual character in it (the n-dash, alt-0150). But if that were the case, why would they even allow such usernames to be created? My account was created only weeks ago and i doubt they have changed the policy since then, as they did in your case. No, I think the problem is something else, but yes, definitely looks like an account problem and nothing to do with browser, addons, plugins or pc.

When you contacted them, did they tell you WHY they couldn't make your account work (i.e. what the actual problem is that keeps them from doing that)? And if you were to create a new account like they suggested, how can you be sure that it doesn't have the same problem as your old account?

The support didn't tell me why it couldn't make my account work. They didn't get into the specifics at all; they just said I'd need to get a new account, which is a very, very poor "solution".

I just gave up using the Web Player.

I actually wish I could give up using Spotify, because its apps are terrible. I use the apps for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android and they're all full of bugs. I hate them so much. And this problem with my account... Spotify is such a mess when it comes to software, it's a shame.

But, for now, they have the best catalog for me. Unfortunately -- because I'm really looking forward to switch to another service.

Chrome is not an OS

Suggested posts