Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Web Player will not load

Solved!

My Web Player will not load

I'm trying to play my music in the Spotify Web Player, not the app, and it won't load. I don't know what to do, because Spotify's homepage loads perfectly fine, but as soon as I try to go on play.spotify.com nothing works. My screen is just completely black with the spotify logo in the corning, there isn't even a loading sign. It has been like this for a few days, but I can still access my music on the Spotify app, and on my phone. If anyone could help that would be great! And I just realized that I can attach a picture of my screen, so I'm going to do that too.

65 Replies

That probably is it. Now if only Spotify would read the forums and fix the problem.

Thank you for your feedback

I'm a bit pessimistic about that. I'm not an IT guy, but it seems like a major change to move it from Flash to something else. Let's hope for the best though.

Marked as solution

appears to be an issue with Chrome. I was having same problem. Logged in and downloaded the app from FireFox and works perfectly.

Same problem here, it is the format for some reason we have a computer with an older Web Player version and it works fine.

It won't load for me either.

I'm on Chrome OS and it won't load for me either.

This is a Chrome issue, not a Spotify one. I believe it's related to Chrome not supporting Flash. if you reinstall on FireFox it will work fine. I use Chrome too 99% of the time. 

I've never had this problem in Chrome before though. And since when doesn't Chrome support flash? It's built into the browser. 

I just tried it in IE and it doesn't load there either so it's probably a bug.

It is just very annoying, given that it was working completely fine yesterday. Chrome is a horrible OS because it is way too restrictive. I can't download Firefox or any other internet browser on a Chromebook apparently.

It's not Chrome, apparently it's a server issue. See my thread here.

It is not a Chrome issue. It is not a server issue. The fact is that this was done on purpose. Every single time I try and listen to this thing, there is some kind of error that pops up and that fool sleeping on his skateboard says hi to me. The people at Soptify want you to pay for whatever premium services they have. The web player is free after all.

I wish Grooveshark was not shut down.

I have the premium service and am having the same issue playing the web player. So it's probably a temporary issue with the web player. 

Yes, it is a Issue with the Web player as well as the spotify app via PC/Mac The app on your computer will run but will not start any radio stations. I have found that is you start a radio on your phone and use connect (premium) you can still play Spotify via the PC app but I do believe that this is a temporary issue and it will be fixed within 24 hours.

Just a Random Guy trying to help those in need.

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

― Bill Gates

It's working again, for me at least!

I'm having an issue with Firefox and Chrome.

my web player will not load. in the adress bar on the top it says play.spotify.com but under that it is a blank white screen. i cant figure it out. som im kinda nnoyed because i wanna listen to the new bring me the horizon album but i cant. idk what to do.

@broderickc13 wrote:

I'm trying to play my music in the Spotify Web Player, not the app, and it won't load. I don't know what to do, because Spotify's homepage loads perfectly fine, but as soon as I try to go on play.spotify.com nothing works. My screen is just completely black with the spotify logo in the corning, there isn't even a loading sign. It has been like this for a few days, but I can still access my music on the Spotify app, and on my phone. If anyone could help that would be great! And I just realized that I can attach a picture of my screen, so I'm going to do that too.

Dear friends,

This is neither a Google Chrome problem nor a temporary issue. I am a Safari user on OS X and it has been this way for me since spring 2015, so almost a year now (and thus countless upgrades of both OS, browser and hardware). I am a Premium user and have been for several years. And I absolutely detest the web player.

I don't need it (only use the app)! Yet every time somebody sends me a URL, I'm directed to the web player – which hasn't worked at all for me. Ever. Not once. I have tried it in Chrome as a reference, but the problem is the same as in Safari (see attached screenshot). The window doesn't load, and none of the buttons on the vertical bar to the left are active. And for that reason I cannot click the sprocket, can't access the settings menu, and thus cannot disable the web player feature.

I am stuck in a catch 22 loop.

Skärmavbild 2016-02-06 kl. 18.15.52.png

It's lagging horribly in Chrome. Sometimes the tab just gives up completely and gives me an 'oops' error. 

I am having same problem as @shougun. Tried different computers, different OS different web browser (Safari, Chrome, IE) and nothing works. Other user that log in after me, had no problem at all - everything worked fine.

@kon_micky

Hello:

Are you still having issues using the webplayer? There was a short connection issue with Spotify/Facebook users for about an hour. Are you up and running again on the webplayer?

Suggested posts