Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My local files are refusing to play/show up on my phone, even though they are on my computer. Help?

Solved!

My local files are refusing to play/show up on my phone, even though they are on my computer. Help?

Alright, here's what's happening. My local files are refusing to play/show up on my phone, even though they are on my computer. Even though they actually play on my computer, they don't download, which I'm assuming is probably the root of the problem. With that in mind, my phone doesn't even show the local files on my playlist. I've looked around here for some help, but none of it has worked so far.

Here's what I've tried/checked:

-Do my devices use the same WiFi? Yes, they do.

-I closed and opened Spotify on my computer and phone multiple times (However, I have not deleted the app).

-I redownloaded my playlist on both devices.

-I have plenty of space left on both devices in Spotify and outside of it.

-All my local files are Mp3s.

-I use a cable of sorts to connect my phone to my computer.

-I try playing a song and use Spotify Connect to force my phone to download the songs so it plays there. 

Now, with nowhere else to turn, I come here. Please save me from my pitiful attempts.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 6, and Macbook Air)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@lori607

Sorry for the very delayed response. In the end, it wasn't my account that had a problem. It was the WiFi that both my phone and computer were connected too. All I had to do to make the files appear on my phone was to disconnect my computer from the WiFi and connect it to my phone's personal hotspot. I appreciate your help anyway. 

I found a very useful post here called "Spotify won't sync my local files to iphone."

It's not letting me post the link, but it has a long list of back and forths were I eventually found this answer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @catloverzonya, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try creating another user account and signing in with your Premium account after you've installed Spotify there?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey, thanks for replying! I'm not really sure what you mean for me to do. Do you know of any sources where I can find instructions?

-catloverzonya

Hey @catloverzonya,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

I mean create a new user account in your Mac, download and install Spotify there.

Then sign in with your account and try to sync the local files from that account.

Please let me know how it goes 🙂

Marked as solution

@lori607

Sorry for the very delayed response. In the end, it wasn't my account that had a problem. It was the WiFi that both my phone and computer were connected too. All I had to do to make the files appear on my phone was to disconnect my computer from the WiFi and connect it to my phone's personal hotspot. I appreciate your help anyway. 

I found a very useful post here called "Spotify won't sync my local files to iphone."

It's not letting me post the link, but it has a long list of back and forths were I eventually found this answer.

Suggested posts