Step 1

NEXT STEP

My old password shows instead of my username on the top right

My old password shows instead of my username on the top right

Plan: Premium

Operating System

Mac OS High Sierra MacBook Air

My Question or Issue

Hello, so since I've made my account my password has been showing up on the top right of my screen where the username should be. I don't like this as I use it in class, may have people that see it. Recently I've noticed that when I linked my spotify to discord it has been showing that all the time which was actually my password, and it holds staff permissions on a server of a large community, and has addresses, private stuff/msgs, etc in so it is kinda dangerous, this was also the password to my YouTube and Gmail account and all others, I've changed all passwords immediately when that happened, but also it still shows even though I've changed my Spotify password. It shows my old one but I don't want it to I want it to show my username, please! (also how to change username)

Won't share proof unless I'm privately talking to a Spotify staff member.

1 Reply

Hey there @dominic2004!

I totally understand your concern and this seems like a serious issue with your account. I recommend you to reach @SpotifyCares with a direct message in Twitter or reach customer support via here. These two seems to be the fastest ways to get this addressed.

I hope this gets fixed soon 🙂 Let me know how it goes!

Suggested posts