Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My songs on my mac desktop app don't appear, works on phone.

My songs on my mac desktop app don't appear, works on phone.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Macbook Pro early 2015

Operating System

High Sierra 10.13.5

My Question or Issue

My songs tab just directs me to the browse tab for some reason, I've got thousands of songs in there, and they aren't gone they still appear in the songs tab on my phone, but refuse to appear on my macbook regardless of how many times I uninstall.

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 18.16.49.png
7 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd also recommend upgrading to macOS 10.13.6 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I am having the same issue.  

When I go to use the "Songs" folder in my Spotify Mac app, it just says "Your favorite songs will appear here.  Go to your Browse page to find amazing playlists for every mood and moment".  I always use the 'Songs' folder to navigate and I have hundreds if not thousands of songs here, so there is no reason why it should be empty.  When I use my iPhone X Spotify app the songs still appear in the songs folder.  I just did a totally fresh re-install of spotify and even wiped my computer back to facory settings and re-installed, but the problem persists.  I am running the most current version of Mac (10.13.6) and downloaded the newest version of Spotify.  Please help as this is very frustrating and I am not finding any solutions online that are working.

IMG_0208.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 12.38.43 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 12.44.14 PM.png

P.S. - I can still access all my songs through other folders, like Albums and Artists, just not Songs, which is the folder I navigate from the most often

Hey @58sqc9n4zgx35yt,

Try to update to 1.0.89 as an update seems to be available for you 🙂

If that doesn't work I'd recommend checking this thread as another user had the same issue as yours.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi there, 

I updated to 1.0.89.313.g34a58dea as per your suggestion and rebooted / re-launched and the problem still persists.  Please advise what other steps I can take

Hey @58sqc9n4zgx35yt,

I also linked a thread above, if that doesn't work I'd recommend checking this thread as another user had the same issue as yours.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I have windows 10 and it's showing the same problem, could you help me too?

Suggested posts