Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to restart Spotify to hear sound multiple times per day

Need to restart Spotify to hear sound multiple times per day

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro 2017, Mojave 10.14.5)

My Question or Issue

I use a "Bose NP 700 HP" headset on my mac, and i'm not really sure after what event, but i'd say mostly because Spotify is not playing song for like 10 minutes, when I turn it back on, the tracks seems to be playing (time goes on), but there is no sound.

I then need to stop the Spotify app, launch it back, and it works fine as usual, or I need to turn the headset down, and turn it on again. Any idea why or how to fix this issue ?

INB: I tried to switch audio input and set back the Bose one, but this is not working.

6 Replies

Hi

Firstly I'd try turning off "Hardware Acceleration" under Spotify settings (if you have that option) and restarting your Mac.

If that doesn't work I'd do a clean install,  see the link below and please follow each instruction step by step:- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/How-can-I-perform-a-clean-reinstall-of-the-app/ta-p...

Good luck and let us know how you get on 🙂 

So i didn't found any "hardware acceleration" in the settings.

I followed all the instructions for a clean reinstall (including caches / hidden files / folders). But after 1h, the same issue just popped out...

Hey there @tonito0811,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

This is an issue our developers are aware of and they're investigating. Just as a heads up, we’re not able to confirm if or when this issue will be resolved, but you can add your +VOTE and details to this thread, so we can see how many users are affected by this. For now, we suggest keeping your Spotify app up-to-date to guarantee you get the latest features and fixes.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same issue, except i am not using bluetooth.. constantly need to restart spotify on mac.

I'll be in the middle of listening to a song, will click play on a new track at which point the current song continues it's timer but sound stops and then nothing works.

Then i restart and last track info is gone, the page i was on trying to play a track is lost and i have to start from scratch. Extremely annoying and distracting from work several times per day.

Hey @eointpayne,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

It's also a good idea to check if the issue occurs on another device. Does the issue persist?

You can also send us a video recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If it also doesn´t work in the webplayer then turn off AdBlocker - also check if your browser extensions are blocking any websites or ads. 

Suggested posts