Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New UI Updated then Glitched back to Old UI

Solved!

New UI Updated then Glitched back to Old UI

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Macbook Pro Early 2015

Operating System

macOS Big Sur Version 11.3

My Question or Issue

My desktop Spotify updated to the new UI a few weeks ago and for the most part I really enjoy the new update. Then, last week, I was trying to minimize my friend panel by clicking in the upper middle panel and I accidentally double clicked. When I did this, the display suddenly reverted to a glitched sort of hybrid of the old and new UI. The side panels are the old UI while the middle panel is smaller like the old UI but with the design of the new UI (images attached).

Earlier tonight my roommate doubled clicked in the same place trying to minimize her friends panel and the same thing happened to her. We are both now stuck with a weird mix between the old and new UI.

I've tried to completely uninstall and reinstall the app, but that had no effect. I did an update tonight, as well, and that did not resolve the issue either.

SpotifyUIGlitch2.png
SpotifyUIGlitch1.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @johannaesque

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If this persists after you've performed a clean reinstall of the Spotify app it's a good idea to check the hosts file on your MacBook for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps here on how you can do that.

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network to check if it makes a difference. If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea to further troubleshoot the original one (for example by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @johannaesque

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

If this persists after you've performed a clean reinstall of the Spotify app it's a good idea to check the hosts file on your MacBook for entries that need to be deleted. Follow the steps here on how you can do that.

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network to check if it makes a difference. If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea to further troubleshoot the original one (for example by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

With a clean reinstall I am now back to the complete old UI rather than a mix between the two. The previous reinstall instructions I followed were missing a few of the steps here. Hopefully now I can just wait for the next general update to roll out and get back to the new UI.

Hey @johannaesque,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

The new interface is still rolling out, so don't worry, you should get it back in the next few days.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, give us a shout.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts