Next / Previous media keys don't work on 3rd Party Keyboard, Play/Pause does work. [MAC]

Solved!
Highlighted
20 people liked this

Next / Previous media keys don't work on 3rd Party Keyboard, Play/Pause does work. [MAC]

Kd1011
Casual Listener

Hello!

So I am using a Logitech G710+ keyboard with my Mac (running 10.9) , and the media keys (Play/Pause, Stop, Next and Previous) work perfectly fine with iTunes, even in background.

Now, when I use Spotify, I usually quit iTunes (to stop conflicts), but only the Play/Pause key seems to work.

It does work in the background, which is good, but crucially the Next / Previous keys don't work at all.

Any ideas? 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 10 people liked this

Re: Next / Previous media keys don't work on 3rd Party Keyboard, Play/Pause does work. [MAC]

LasseBP

This fix from WASD keyboards support does the trick on my Cooler Master CM Storm Quickfire XT: http://support.wasdkeyboards.com/customer/portal/articles/1925899-fixing-spotify-media-keys-issue-in...

Edit: my keyboard is the nordic ISO variant if that makes a difference.

Solution! 4 people liked this

Re: Next / Previous media keys don't work on 3rd Party Keyboard, Play/Pause does work. [MAC]

martijn397
The BeardedSpice app is working great (allthough it does not control my youtube videos)
37 Replies

ikniz

Hi,

Its kinda strange, i just cleaned my PC and the media keys are not working anymore, they did before xD

Ill get back to you if i find a solution.

Regards,

Ikniz

tomasv

Hi,

I'm having the same issue but with a CoolerMaster QuickFire TK.

Running Mavericks:

iTunes all media keys work.

Spotify only play/pause works.

Any fix yet?

bnaert
Casual Listener

I'm having this same issue. G710+ keyboard on OSX 10.9 and only the Pause and Play button works for Spotify. Itunes everything works great.

2 people liked this

bnaert
Casual Listener

I found that if you assign the media fuctions to the G keys they work throughout all programs.

3 people liked this

eightamrock

I have the same problem on my daskeyboard 4. 

Play/pause work fine but prev/next dont work at all. They work fine with itunes though. 

2 people liked this

GraphicBarista

Same issue, i use daskeyboard 4 ultimate on Mac 10.9, However, Command + left and right arrow work but limited when you are on spotify app (it wont work if you are browsing on safari) any solutions please!!!

savv

exactly the same issue, das keyboard for mac, play/pause works, fwd/back not.

Any fix yet?

samowen
Casual Listener

This happens to me as well on the Corsair K70 Vengence Keyboard. All media keys except next, previous and stop.

Any news?

alxz310
Casual Listener
Same issue here. Running 10.10.1 - Play/Pause key works fine, but next and previous do not. Seems like a problem with spotify since they work fine with iTunes and Rdio apps
SUGGESTED POSTS